1. Standard memberBalerion
    Book Dragon
    Roma
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 10:50
    Hi Russ, on your to do list (when you'll have the needed time), I'd like to see a new board dimension: a board wich is smaller than the small one present in the options.
    The chessatwork version of the site infact doesn't help very much if the boards are so big and visible.

Thanks!
  2. Subscribernoxidjkram
    Data Warehouser
    Back in the UK!
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 10:481 edit
    Further to this one Russ,

How about a user configurable board size - not just a selection of sizes (e.g. small/medium/large), but a range say (300-1200 pixels) that could be chosen as the base board size in your options.

This would be a real benefit to those of us who multi-task (e.g. at work).

Also, how about an auto refresh on your "My Games" screen - again you can set how often it refreshes. This would be great - it would save me constantly clicking and waiting to check to see if any games are ready to be played. I'm sure there is a really efficient way of doing this that wouldnt cause horrendous server load.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 11:56
    Originally posted by noxidjkram
    Also, how about an auto refresh on your "My Games" screen - again you can set how often it refreshes. This would be great - it would save me constantly clicking and waiting to check to see if any games are ready to be played. I'm sure there is a really efficient way of doing this that wouldnt cause horrendous server load.
    There is. use move notification emails.

Russ was talking about releasing his system tray tool as well though.

D
  4. Subscribernoxidjkram
    Data Warehouser
    Back in the UK!
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 20:12
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    [b]There is. use move notification emails.
    Fair point - i just get p**sed off clearing out my inbox!!

I guess i'm lazy! :o)

I fancy having a crack at making my own tool to integrate with RHP - it'll need to be lightweight so it doesnt hammer the user network or RHP server tho...

I don't really do net stuff, but it'd be cool to make an IE toolbar that showed an icon when there was a game ready to play (maybe flashed in the taskbar?).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree