1. London
    Moves
    19 Feb '07 09:57
    Apologies if this has been suggested before but what about a book review forum. I often see questions about "what book to buy" in the forums. Perhaps it could include reviews of DVD's and websites too.
  2. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    19 Feb '07 17:06
    Originally posted by Mahout
    Apologies if this has been suggested before but what about a book review forum. I often see questions about "what book to buy" in the forums. Perhaps it could include reviews of DVD's and websites too.
    I think this is a great idea.

We seem to have lots of posts in the Chess and General Forums about what chess books to buy / read etc.

To have them all in one place would be very useful I think.

My 2 cents worth!

Richie
  3. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    19 Feb '07 17:09
    I think it is a good idea as well, although we shouldn't just limit it to chess books/videos. Those will get reviewed of course since it is a chess website, but other books as well.
  4. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    19 Feb '07 17:54
    Get a clan for this.
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '07 17:55
    Good idea... It can replace the tournament thread which seems pretty pointless.
  6. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    19 Feb '07 21:25
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Get a clan for this.
    I think there are more than 20 people who would be interested in reviews of chess books.
  7. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    19 Feb '07 22:181 edit
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    I think it is a good idea as well, although we shouldn't just limit it to chess books/videos. Those will get reviewed of course since it is a chess website, but other books as well.
    Limit it to chess or the chess books will get lost in the crowd. Alternatively, have two book forums and scrap the Spirituality forum to make space for it. 😉
  8. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    19 Feb '07 22:391 edit
    Originally posted by Mixo
    Limit it to chess or the chess books will get lost in the crowd. Alternatively, have two book forums and scrap the Spirituality forum to make space for it. 😉
    I think there is a ton of good discussion to be had about non-chess books and 2 forums is too much. While it often bugs me, there is always a lot of discussion in the Spirituality forum, and it is one of the few that ever actually makes me think, I say we keep that.

Chess books won't be any more lost than they would be otherwise, I imagine there would be some linking to older threads when questions were asked about specific books, or perhaps even a compliation of the reviews of many chess books onto a seperate site by a volunteer, like how RHP faces happened.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree