1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 19:252 edits
    Okay, back on track it is.

I think that I've contributed to a few more members, some of them being subs today. I've done it by recommend the best chess site on internet. Yes, I really mean RedHotPawn, silly! šŸ˜

Recruiting would be easier if I had some fliers or affiches to put on the tables, and bring up on the notice board. Well designed of various shapes would be a great help for this. Perhaps in Word format, so I can translate som of its texts into my local language. The target is of course my local chess club, but also local tournaments.

So this is my proposal #1: Design fliers and affiches for local recruitments.
    And my proposal #2: All members of RHP - If yoyu like this site, let other know! Your local OTB chess club andlocal tournaments are a very good target.
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 19:59
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    During my time of non-sub, I hardly even looked at the ads. Much less did I click of any of them. I was just blind of them.

A company (I know of) offered me a deal: I had a link to their book-store, and I got 10% of the sales of all new orders (once) from any client coming via my home page. Didn't generate much to me, however.
    10% is quite a good margin for affiliate linking.

If you're interested in doing more of it, check out sites like tradedoubler.com and clickbank.com
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 20:151 edit
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    10% is quite a good margin for affiliate linking.

If you're interested in doing more of it, check out sites like tradedoubler.com and clickbank.com
    I don't generally like to litter my home page with ads and links to commersial places. Especially those that I don't have any controll over.
  4. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 03:52
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Brainstorming Increased RHP Membership

Would guess that the annual RHP revenue stream depends largely upon billings to site advertisers, with subscriptions providing a lesser

portion of floor revenue. Since eyeball exposure (consistent with compatible demographics) is the unit of measure which forms the

basis of advertiser purchasing deci ...[text shortened]... un to do, as long as everyone observes the cardinal rule: Zero criticism!

-gb

šŸ˜‰
    Simple.

Put commericials on tv of red hot girls with red hot pawn t-shirts on playing chess and fondling the pieces.

Make it about sex and watch the dollars roll in.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 05:47
    Originally posted by uzless
    And members rolling out...
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 15:53
    Originally posted by uzless
    Simple.

Put commericials on tv of red hot girls with red hot pawn t-shirts on playing chess and fondling the pieces.

Excellent (off the wall brainstorming) suggestion, Uzless. Gender partiality,

however, is still a no-no. So let's include a few buffed Chippendales too.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 15:58
    How about RHP Advertising spots on GameKnot along with the sites of all other major and minor competitors. Reciprocity would eliminate any

out of pocket cost. They would even have the choice of one of four locations to place theirs. No risk/net gain if our offering is indeed superior.
  8. USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 18:53
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    How about RHP Advertising spots on GameKnot along with the sites of all other major and minor competitors. Reciprocity would eliminate any

out of pocket cost. They would even have the choice of one of four locations to place theirs. No risk/net gain if our offering is indeed superior.
    I was wondering, how does google rank their search list, for example, typing in "online chess sites" brings up the top whatever sites (RHP is 4th on the list)

I think most people usually (not always) disregard any search results beyond the top 3 (I know I do) So if RHP were listed higher would RHP become more "visible" thus likely to attract more members?
  9. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 21:242 edits
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    I was wondering, how does google rank their search list, for example, typing in "online chess sites" brings up the top whatever sites (RHP is 4th on the list)
    They use a complicated algorithm to rank the sites against the keywords you search for.

In general terms is all about how relevant the content on the site is to the search term but they also factor in things like the content of sites yours is linked to, how popular the site is, how easy it is to index, etc...
  10. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 23:421 edit
    I think there should be purple pixie gonads at the corner of the screen, thus scaring away any tribe of purple pixies attempting to steal my rooks.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 04:10
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    I think there should be purple pixie gonads at the corner of the screen, thus scaring away any tribe of purple pixies attempting to steal my rooks.
    Helpful and humorous suggestion, Huck. Astute and timely of you to realize the colletive RHP think tank needed

a little loosening up right now. Any further ideas on increasing site membership would be welcome. Thanks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree