1. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 12:01
    please bring back the inbox, i dont mind games being archived but its a hassle searching through all games
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 12:051 edit
    I couldn't agree more - the new system is terrible!

The main problem I have is that I want to be able to keep my active games seperate from my finished games without having to view my move, or my opponants moves games seperately (if that makes sense?) I like to log on and make my moves in my games, while also browsing the games in which my opponants are due to move.

I can't understand why the site has taken a perfectly good system and ruined it with no apparant benefit.
  3. Joined
    03 Jul '03
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 13:42
    agreed. why the changes???? seems like a step back.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 15:04
    Originally posted by Faster Doudle
    The main problem I have is that I want to be able to keep my active games seperate from my finished games without having to view my move, or my opponants moves games seperately (if that makes sense?)
    The changes have come in for a number of reasons, but not least, a performance improvement for the back end.

Regarding your above post, unless I am misunderstanding you, the "My Current Games" view should give you what you want. It shows you your active and recently finished games. (Click the folder icon with an arrow to remove any finished games from the "My Current Games" page)
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 15:191 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    The changes have come in for a number of reasons, but not least, a performance improvement for the back end.

Regarding your above post, unless I am misunderstanding you, the "My Current Games" view should give you what you want. It shows you your active and recently finished games. (Click the folder icon with an arrow to remove any finished games from the "My Current Games" page)
    What might be confusing are the games that became unarchived.

I don't play a lot of games, and I had 4 to re-file.

Someone with several games might have a ton of games that now need to be sorted, and this makes the new look NOT look like the old Inbox.

I've sorted mine back, and will get used to the new look... but I can see a lot of problems for a player not ready to learn a new look or with a ton of games that were unarchived.

P-
  6. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 15:24
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    What might be confusing are the games that became unarchived.

I don't play a lot of games, and I had 4 to re-file.

Someone with several games might have a ton of games that now need to be sorted, and this makes the new look NOT look like the old Inbox.

I've sorted mine back, and will get used to the new look... but I can see a lot of problems for a player not ready to learn a new look or with a ton of games that were unarchived.

P-
    good point!!!
    i'll quit whinin...
    after archiving a dozen games, tha page doesn't sook so different...

sorry fer my impatience...

did you git yer bailout money yet???
    HA!!!

rookie
  7. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 15:44
    If you click on All My Games, it goes to a page with all of my old folders and everything is sorted just like it was.

Looks nifty, don't like it, will deal with it. It's the chess I'm here for.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 16:18
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    If you click on All My Games, it goes to a page with all of my old folders and everything is sorted just like it was.
    There is now a memory of which page you were viewing, so if you were viewing "All My Games", you will now return to that page.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree