1. Joined
    12 May '07
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 10:13
    I remember playing bug house my first time ever playing bug house. It Was really fun. Even though I did lose. (it was my first time gimme a break.) maybe a day timeout bug house challenge. It would in my opinion make the site better.

Required to have: 4 players
    Rules: two people of the same team will be opposite colors (black or white)
    The challengers or oppenents will aswell be opposite colors
    Numberd players are team and letter'd players are a team
    Player 1-player 2 VS player A -player B
    Player 1 (white) vs player a (black)
    Player 2 (black) vs player b (white)
    At any time during a game if white or black captures a piece. The player on his team may use the peice at any time (during his turn)
    All pieces can go anywhere on the board. however, pawns can't be put on the H RANK or A RANK
    you DO NOT have to say check like u do in a regular game of chess. If the opponent in "check" doesn't realize it by his move it is his own fault and the player who grabs his opponents king wins. Regardless if his teammate has captured his opponents king.

I haven't seen a chess site make this game possible online. (it's hard to find 3 nerds like myself to play a game of bughouse) it's not a must, yet only an idea. If you like the concept of this game. Then perhaps you can like my thread-post a comment. Even though the game bughouse takes not alot of thought or stradgey it is quite fun, when in need of something to occupy time, who knows you may play more games of bughouse rather then the real game of chess. On the business side you cannot cheat. Aka use computers. It will give all the non subscribers a bonus to subscribe. Good luck on all your games!! And thanks for reading my post 🙂
  2. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 12:16
    Originally posted by MATEUNOW
    I remember playing bug house my first time ever playing bug house. It Was really fun. Even though I did lose. (it was my first time gimme a break.) maybe a day timeout bug house challenge. It would in my opinion make the site better.

Required to have: 4 players
    Rules: two people of the same team will be opposite colors (black or white)
    The challengers ...[text shortened]... rs a bonus to subscribe. Good luck on all your games!! And thanks for reading my post 🙂
    ...well I like it MATE...the opportunity to play in a BUGHOUSE TOURNAMENT also sounds appealing...and add to that the facility to have TOURNAMENTS in Fischer Random format...put some alternatives on our alternatives...
  3. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 11:371 edit
    Originally posted by LEUR
    ...well I like it MATE...the opportunity to play in a BUGHOUSE TOURNAMENT also sounds appealing...and add to that the facility to have TOURNAMENTS in Fischer Random format...put some alternatives on our alternatives...
    ...well MATE I don't know what to say...not even the slightest interest in chess variations around here out of HOW MANY onsite...?...geez...oh, and BTW: you said the first time you played BH that YOU lost...I would ALWAYS blame my partner probably 😀
  4. Standard memberExeterstreet1121
    Exeterstreet1121
    Portland, OR
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 04:08
    I am interested in variations. They can be interesting and add a little pizzaz to the game. They also end up in abnormal positions that you don't usually see in a normal game. Therefore I think they are a good mental exercise for a chess player because you need to apply your skills to an odd position.

Chess variations are great for practicing your basic chess skills. Plus they're fun. I would love to see them on the site, as long as they don't effect your normal rating.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 12:26
    Originally posted by Exeterstreet1121
    I am interested in variations. They can be interesting and add a little pizzaz to the game. They also end up in abnormal positions that you don't usually see in a normal game. Therefore I think they are a good mental exercise for a chess player because you need to apply your skills to an odd position.

Chess variations are great for practicing you ...[text shortened]... e fun. I would love to see them on the site, as long as they don't effect your normal rating.
    There are whole sites concerned with variations, I play those at SchemingMind.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree