1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 11:07
    If I type a message in the forum using my Ipad and I want to make something bold, it is very annoying because you have to type [ b ] and then [ /b ] which is not a problem on a normal keyboard but is quite a hassle on an Ipad.

Some buttons below the post-typing field that can be pushed - like the Insert smiley button - would be nice.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 14:48
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    If I type a message in the forum using my Ipad and I want to make something bold, it is very annoying because you have to type [ b ] and then [ /b ] which is not a problem on a normal keyboard but is quite a hassle on an Ipad.

Some buttons below the post-typing field that can be pushed - like the Insert smiley button - would be nice.
    iPad doesn't have the feature where you hold down a normal key and get the special key associated with that key?
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 15:55
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    iPad doesn't have the feature where you hold down a normal key and get the special key associated with that key?
    Nope. Typing [b ] (without spaces) needs 8 keystrokes. [/b ] requires 10.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 03:09

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Nov '14 01:19
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    No, I don't know of any "screen keyboards" (those on cell phones fall into this category too) that support holding down a key or multiple key (at once) presses. At least not on Android devices, I can't speak for Apple.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 Nov '14 01:45
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, I don't know of any "screen keyboards" (those on cell phones fall into this category too) that support holding down a key or multiple key (at once) presses. At least not on Android devices, I can't speak for Apple.
    Samsung Galaxy [S3-S5] has this feature. I can't speak for other Android phones.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree