1. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '11 21:37
    Is there a way to cancel non-tournament games without gaining unnecessary points and thereby artificially inflating one's rating?

If this does not exist, maybe the option should be offered so that one can choose whether or not to take the points when canceling a game in which no moves have taken place in a long time.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 12:14
    Originally posted by Arayn
    Is there a way to cancel non-tournament games without gaining unnecessary points and thereby artificially inflating one's rating?

If this does not exist, maybe the option should be offered so that one can choose whether or not to take the points when canceling a game in which no moves have taken place in a long time.
    Only if there have been three half-moves or fewer in the game. After that, it's a game, and it counts. I'm not that sure that this should change, either. Your opponent took that game with those time controls knowing what he got himself into. If he can't stick to those time controls, the game counts just as much as an OTB game won on the clock.

Richard
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 19:09
    It doesn't matter. Going up and down by a few points doesn't make any real difference. Ratings aren't that precise. The artificial increases or decreases in ratings happen by hundreds of points in order to try and win a tournament or clan match etc. It's great that the ratings profile devices are good and clear enough to reveal sandbaggers and engine users. Just play and the rating will take care of itself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree