1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    14 Aug '08 15:04
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I'd like it bigger. Maybe even full screen. 3D would be cool too, able to rotate it 360 degrees, up, down, yaw, azimuth, etc.
    animated figures?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 02:12
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    why can't we have a board in the middle of the page instead over at the left side....maybe paying players could get this option....it is VERY irritating to have it stuck in the third left of the screen.
    I like it to the left. This leaves plenty of room on the right for other game-related info.

The ONLY reason I would want the board in the middle of the screen is if I were playing real-time chess, perhaps with a java interface. I wouldn't need a move list then, or a Game History feature, or a Game Info feature, all of which use the right side of the page with the board on the left. But I do need them, playing correspondence chess here.

This is how it should be and how 99.9999% of the people here like it.

As others have suggested, if you absolutely MUST have it in the middle of your screen, just grab the title bar of your browser window and move the window over. Problem solved.

All this said, I wouldn't mind if there were different settings to control your own display, like board on the right, even, as long as I have the option to leave it as is. But it seems to me this would be a rather labor-intensive change, and there are any number of other things I'd like to see Russ, et al work out first.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree