1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 18:23
    When i recieve a challenge from another Clan, the two teams appear next to each other. In one i recieved recently, i noticed that a 2000 player had been paired with a 1500 player. This was because one of the proposed players had made themself unavailable for challenges, after the challenge was sent. RHP had then put the next available player into the challenge (which is stupid, but is a known problem...) resulting in the 2000v1500 error.

However, the average ratings of the two teams are also wrong!! The challenge stated that the two teams were equal, but when i refreshed the average rating without changing any of the players involved, the average ratings of the two teams were vastly different.

Basically what i am saying, is that RHP should recalculate the average ratings of the players involved, every time the page is called, rather than just using the averages that were used when the challenge was created.
  2. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    04 Apr '06 14:17
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    When i recieve a challenge from another Clan, the two teams appear next to each other. In one i recieved recently, i noticed that a 2000 player had been paired with a 1500 player. This was because one of the proposed players had made themself unavailable for challenges, after the challenge was sent. RHP had then put the next available player into the ch ...[text shortened]... ge is called, rather than just using the averages that were used when the challenge was created.
    I sent a bug report about the clan challenge defaulting to the highest rated player available, Chris said he forwarded it on to Russ to look at.

It's a major problem with challenge protocol. Clan leaders may send challenges and the recipient ends up receiving a totally different setup. I would like to see either...

1) If the player was available at the time the challenge was sent the player WILL be included

or

2) If an entered player makes him/herself unavailable the challenge will be cancelled.

Regarding the ratings problem... you should always refresh the average as ratings are continually changing. In your example the rating that the initiator was correct at the time, but due to the "default to the highest available player bug" the average rating had to be refreshed.
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 23:33
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    I sent a bug report about the clan challenge defaulting to the highest rated player available, Chris said he forwarded it on to Russ to look at.

It's a major problem with challenge protocol. Clan leaders may send challenges and the recipient ends up receiving a totally different setup. I would like to see either...

1) If the player was available at ...[text shortened]... to the "default to the highest available player bug" the average rating had to be refreshed.
    I think option 1 makes more sense. How about this, when a player is put forward for a challenge, a ghost game appears in their game folder to alert them of a new challenge coming. It doesn't show them who they will be playing, just lets them remove their availablity. Rather than the site defaulting to the next available player when this happens, the challenge is 'bounced' back to the clan leader who instigated the challenge, alerting him/her that their player has pulled out of the challenge and gives the captain a chance to send back a good challenge. It hasn't happened yet, but i'm sure it's only a mater of time before I lose a challenge because the site has rechosen the participants. It DEFINATELY shouldn't work like this!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree