changes to the Message Log System

changes to the Message Log System

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PP

Moves
25 Jul 07

Does anyone else find these changes unnecessary. I thought the old system worked splendidly. I find the new one a step backwards...

DS

Moves
25 Jul 07

Originally posted by Peta Pan
Does anyone else find these changes unnecessary. I thought the old system worked splendidly. I find the new one a step backwards...
Is that a site idea?

If so, what is it exactly?

PP

Moves
25 Jul 07
1 edit

sorry.. maybe I posted it in the wrong place, I am new to forums. Where should i post it then

DD
Stealer of Souls

Waiting for You

Moves
25 Jul 07

sorry.. maybe I posted it in the wrong place, I am new to forums. Where should i post it then
here or in the help forum

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
26 Jul 07

I think the old system was fine, too. But I think this system is much nicer.

It's just a matter of opinion, though. It wass redone for its style, not really any change in application.

DS

Moves
26 Jul 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Dutch Defense
here or in the help forum
Well I don't think it's a 'help' issue and as no 'idea' is mentioned, I would have suggested either the General forum [where, unfortunately no sensible reply is likely] or in the thread where it was announced [in the Site Announcements forum] where feedback is usually welcomed.

Thread 73563

PP

Moves
26 Jul 07

Thanks dr Stangelove,
just found that thread.the change seems to be fairly popular.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Aug 07

Originally posted by wittywonka
I think the old system was fine, too. But I think this system is much nicer.

It's just a matter of opinion, though. It wass redone for its style, not really any change in application.
The only thing I don't like is the new message log pop-up. I thought the old message log, showing many more old messages, was better.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
10 Aug 07

I really do think the upgrade is an overall improvement, but I think that it would be nicer if the various logs would 1) be smaller than the screen, so you don't have scroll down on the main screen to scroll down on the log, or 2) have a box resize feature (similar to how you can resize the screen in Windows).

Hope this wasn't too confusing...

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
10 Aug 07

Originally posted by Suzianne
The only thing I don't like is the new message log pop-up. I thought the old message log, showing many more old messages, was better.
agreed, i prefered the old message log system where you could see them all right off