1. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    27243
    18 Apr '09 20:57
    Could we have a chat option for the main site similar to what already exists in the blitz microsite? For example, the ability to call someone who is currently on-line and have a dialog box open up that both people could use instead of having to PM back and forth (or run over to the microsite).
  2. hirsute rooster
    Joined
    13 Apr '05
    Moves
    16157
    18 Apr '09 22:58
    Originally posted by Erekose
    Could we have a chat option for the main site similar to what already exists in the blitz microsite? For example, the ability to call someone who is currently on-line and have a dialog box open up that both people could use instead of having to PM back and forth (or run over to the microsite).
    This is a correspondence chess site not a chat room.
    There are plenty of places to 'chat' on line - I don't see the appeal of spending development time here to duplicate what already exists out there.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    27243
    19 Apr '09 11:59
    I have a number of occaison where I'm "chatting back and forth" using PMs about chess or site issues. The situations that prompted the request are cases where I've answered one or two PMs, gotten up to do something else for a bit, and then come back to a message that says something like "Are you going to answer?"

    I've also had a number of nice chats with people in the blitz room.
  4. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Joined
    12 Oct '06
    Moves
    14424
    19 Apr '09 19:38
    Although this is ostensibly a CC site, it would be useful to have a chat capability in some cases. I've had quite a few games which occurred, basically, in real time. Mostly 1-day time controls.

    Maybe make it sub-only to prevent people from abusing it via free accounts?
  5. Kalispell, MT
    Joined
    05 Jul '08
    Moves
    23554
    09 May '09 06:28
    This type of option might limit the ridiculousness in the general forum.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    415954
    11 May '09 22:22
    Originally posted by Nowakowski
    This type of option might limit the ridiculousness in the general forum.
    That is a nice thought, but probably unlikely! 😞
  7. ALG
    Joined
    16 Dec '07
    Moves
    6190
    12 May '09 14:51
    Originally posted by Ichibanov
    Maybe make it sub-only to prevent people from abusing it via free accounts?
    🙁
Back to Top