CHECK Indicator

CHECK Indicator

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Wycombe, UK

Moves
10 Sep 22

Can I suggest something a little more "Eye Catching" when my opponent has put me in check. Just putting the word in red and bold rather than grey maybe? Anything that catches the eye without causing too much irritation.

Moves
10 Sep 22

@dm7 said
Can I suggest something a little more "Eye Catching" when my opponent has put me in check. Just putting the word in red and bold rather than grey maybe? Anything that catches the eye without causing too much irritation.
Why? You don't get it over the board. You're expected to notice. After all, you know your opponent's move, so you should be able to work it out in just a few seconds.

Or do you expect your opponents to shout "fore", sorry, "check", when you play at the club? I'd consider that a distraction, and warn him for it, if one of my players did so too loudly.

rain

Moves
17 Sep 22

@dm7 said
Nice idea.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
21 Sep 22

Perhaps an (optionally) highlighted tile is the answer here. This is the way I implemented it on the experimental EvoChess variant site (yellow tile), and I believe it worked quite well..

RHP Member No.16

Moves
21 Sep 22
2 edits