1. Joined
    13 Dec '07
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 02:08
    I have almost defeated my opponent (K and Q v K)but they aren't moving and will time-out in 15 minutes. While I will get the win, it will be recorded as being because of my opponent timing out. Could it be possible to force the issue? If my opponent is wasting away their time bank, could I have the option of "claiming victory" if they time out? My opponent would get a message and then have the option of making a move or having the timeout count as a resignation.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 04:46
    It's a common problem, people often stop moving in lost games so that it doesn't look so bad on their record, but it doesn't make any difference to the rating outcome, so I don't think it's worth worrying about.
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 04:55
    Originally posted by torbreck
    I have almost defeated my opponent (K and Q v K)but they aren't moving and will time-out in 15 minutes. While I will get the win, it will be recorded as being because of my opponent timing out. Could it be possible to force the issue? If my opponent is wasting away their time bank, could I have the option of "claiming victory" if they time out? My opponent ...[text shortened]... ssage and then have the option of making a move or having the timeout count as a resignation.
    Why would anyone want the extra hassle of sending a bunch of messages back and forth before gaining the victory? Just crush the skull and pocket the points.
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 04:56
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    It's a common problem, people often stop moving in lost games so that it doesn't look so bad on their record, but it doesn't make any difference to the rating outcome, so I don't think it's worth worrying about.
    I don't get why this makes any difference in how things look on a record.
  5. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 21:211 edit
    blank

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree