1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 13:39
    Ok, I'm listening. It is not quite as straight forward as you might imagine, but I will try to get this in there.

-Russ
  2. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 20:10
    Originally posted by Russ
    Ok, I'm listening. It is not quite as straight forward as you might imagine, but I will try to get this in there.

-Russ
    Is there anything in the RHP rules that prevents a clan leader from picking a trustworthy clan member willing to act as alternative clan leader and sharing clan leader's password with him/her?
  3. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    13 Jun '06 10:07
    LoL i think thats a dull idea...
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Jun '06 13:45
    I will allow 1 to n members to be clan leaders.

So, if you wish, you can all be clan leaders.

-Russ
  5. Subscribernoxidjkram
    Data Warehouser
    Back in the UK!
    Moves
    14 Jun '06 19:37

-Russ
    Cheers Russ.

πŸ™‚
  6. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    14 Jun '06 19:55

-Russ
    Thank you , Russ.
  7. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    14 Jun '06 22:38

-Russ
    Just a thought... you will write a rule to prevent one clan leader from booting another? I can see mutiny all over the shop otherwise!

A.
  8. Swansea
    Moves
    14 Jun '06 22:58
    Originally posted by rhb
    Just a thought... you will write a rule to prevent one clan leader from booting another? I can see mutiny all over the shop otherwise!

A.
    That's true. How will this thing work or were you just being sarcastic Russ?
  9. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    14 Jun '06 23:23
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    That's true. How will this thing work or were you just being sarcastic Russ?
    A couple of my clan members have my password and last year when I had a heart attack/bypass I had my wife message them. One took over leader duties, marked me on vacation, put in an explanation of my absence, handled clan challenges etc. Worked just fine.
  10. Swansea
    Moves
    14 Jun '06 23:27
    Originally posted by Delmer
    A couple of my clan members have my password and last year when I had a heart attack/bypass I had my wife message them. One took over leader duties, marked me on vacation, put in an explanation of my absence, handled clan challenges etc. Worked just fine.
    Yes I understand that would be ok, but was that what Russ was on about or is he going to implement something on the site that will allow us to turn on a second in command button to let them use their own account to do it instead of switching between the leaders and their own?

Hope you are recovering well from your heart attack. πŸ™‚ I wish you all the best!
  11. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    14 Jun '06 23:33
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    Yes I understand that would be ok, but was that what Russ was on about or is he going to implement something on the site that will allow us to turn on a second in command button to let them use their own account to do it instead of switching between the leaders and their own?

Hope you are recovering well from your heart attack. πŸ™‚ I wish you all the best!
    Thank you. No problems. Just finished putting a new roof on one of our outbuildings. I don't know what Russ has in mind. In my particular case the member who took over messaged Russ and was listed as clan leader until I returned and we switched things back. While he was listed as clan leader, of course, he no longer needed access to my password.
  12. Swansea
    Moves
    14 Jun '06 23:35
    Originally posted by Delmer
    Thank you. No problems. Just finished putting a new roof on one of our outbuildings. I don't know what Russ has in mind. In my particular case the member who took over messaged Russ and was listed as clan leader until I returned and we switched things back. While he was listed as clan leader, of course, he no longer needed access to my password.
    That's good to hearπŸ™‚

Thanks for explaining, I guess we will see any further developments in this thread.
  13. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    17 Jun '06 07:091 edit

-Russ
    Although I think this was a touch of sacasm, I do believe that some guidelines for an adimnistrator should be in place. To start The adminstrator can't be a leader of another clan(preventing the leading of 2 clans) and can't be the adminstrator in any other clan. (same prevention). It will really limit who can be the adminstrator in each clan.
  14. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    22 Jun '06 15:22
    Just bringing this one back to the top.
  15. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    08 Jul '06 22:21
    *** BUMP ***

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree