Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    06 Jul '06 19:22
    I know i'm probably going to get a bashing from non-subs for suggesting this, but. . .
    How about keeping the Clan and Tournament forums for Subs only?
    I don't mean stopping non-subs from entering, but stopping them from posting?
  2. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    07 Jul '06 07:19
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    I know i'm probably going to get a bashing from non-subs for suggesting this, but. . .
    How about keeping the Clan and Tournament forums for Subs only?
    I don't mean stopping non-subs from entering, but stopping them from posting?
    We should also kick these scummy non-sub bastards out of "Site Ideas". They ain't payin' for it, so they've no right to ask!

    And chess forums. Why are non-subs allowed there? They only get six games. They've no clue what a real chess playing experience is like. Obviously, if they're not playing much here, they can't be playing anywhere else, and are thus unqualified to speak of chess at all.

    Posers and puzzles. Fraught with non-subs. Here's a puzzle for you freeloading retards: How many hours does it take flipping burgers or selling cans to pay a year's subscription, you despicable little moochers??

    They need to go because having more forum participation is bad. Completely undesirable. We don't want to bombard our paying members with a diverse array of personalities and viewpoints.

    Nobody plays team chess competitions outside of RHP, and nobody plays in tournaments outside of RHP. We don't need their comments or suggestions. They obviously have no clue what they're talking about.

    I agree with you 100%.
  3. Subscriber Loose Screw
    Insane in the Brain!
    07 Jul '06 09:04
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    I know i'm probably going to get a bashing from non-subs for suggesting this, but. . .
    How about keeping the Clan and Tournament forums for Subs only?
    I don't mean stopping non-subs from entering, but stopping them from posting?
    I can feel where you're coming from.
    But let's adjust that idea a little bit, shall we?

    You can only join a Clan and enter a tournament when you're a sub.

    The adjustment: give non-subs the right to read, but not to post.
    This way they can read all about it and maybe decide to become a sub.

    Ok I gave you all another torch, now burn it down.
  4. 07 Jul '06 14:06
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    We should also kick these scummy non-sub bastards out of "Site Ideas". They ain't payin' for it, so they've no right to ask!

    And chess forums. Why are non-subs allowed there? They only get six games. They've no clue what a [b]real
    chess playing experience is like. Obviously, if they're not playing much here, they can't be playing anywhere else, ...[text shortened]... . They obviously have no clue what they're talking about.

    I agree with you 100%.[/b]
    Since you've been using the site free for two years, have only played 70 games and have no games in progress no doubt you've been able to put in plenty of time thinking about this. It's nice to see that you agree with huckleberry hound.
  5. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    07 Jul '06 16:34
    Originally posted by Delmer
    Since you've been using the site free for two years, have only played 70 games and have no games in progress no doubt you've been able to put in plenty of time thinking about this. It's nice to see that you agree with huckleberry hound.
    Do you agree with my post 100%? I expect you will.
  6. 07 Jul '06 17:22
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Do you agree with my post 100%? I expect you will.
    No, I don't agree with your post 100%.
  7. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    07 Jul '06 17:32 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Do you agree with my post 100%? I expect you will.
    Neither do i, but you really enjoy playing the victim.

    Clans, and Tournaments on this site are only for subs, there is no instance where a non sub can gain entrance to either a clan or tournament.
    These forums are for the specific purpose of goading, or chat about clans and tournaments ON THIS SITE.

    Give me one reason why a Non-sub would need to post on these forums?

    I am playing a few non-subs, and never bad mouth them for the sake of it. If you want to play the victim card here, you are on the wrong thread my friend.
  8. 07 Jul '06 19:23
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Neither do i, but you really enjoy playing the victim.

    Clans, and Tournaments on this site are only for subs, there is no instance where a non sub can gain entrance to either a clan or tournament.
    These forums are for the specific purpose of goading, or chat about clans and tournaments ON THIS SITE.

    Give me one reason why a Non-sub would nee ...[text shortened]... the sake of it. If you want to play the victim card here, you are on the wrong thread my friend.
    Maybe we need a "Victim's Forum"?
  9. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    07 Jul '06 19:32
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    ...there is no instance where a non sub can gain entrance to either a clan or tournament...
    Incorrect.

    Tournament 429

    D
  10. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    07 Jul '06 19:38
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Incorrect.

    Tournament 429

    D
    i stand corrected.

    One tournament doen't make my point any less valid though.
  11. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    07 Jul '06 19:47
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    i stand corrected.

    One tournament doen't make my point any less valid though.
    I would have thought it rendered your entire argument invalid.

    If there is only 1 reason (there are more than 1 non-sub tournaments btw) why a non-sub would need to post in the Tournaments forum, then how can you ban them from posting in it?

    D
  12. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    07 Jul '06 19:50
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I would have thought it rendered your entire argument invalid.

    If there is only 1 reason (there are more than 1 non-sub tournaments btw) why a non-sub would need to post in the Tournaments forum, then how can you ban them from posting in it?

    D
    Point taken


    Still counts for the clans though. Anyone without a star in a clan should leave or re-subscribe.
  13. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    07 Jul '06 20:42
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Point taken


    Still counts for the clans though. Anyone without a star in a clan should leave or re-subscribe.
    So clans can't have fans? Perhaps some non-sub would like to root for their favorite clan, or jeer their most hated clan.
  14. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    07 Jul '06 20:45
    Originally posted by Delmer
    Maybe we need a "Victim's Forum"?
    You could start it off with your usual rant about how the vicious, leeching non-subs take advantage of the poor, hard-working subscribers who gladly and selflessly pay their dearly earned pence to keep this listing ship from sinking.