clan banner

clan banner

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
15 Jan 14
1 edit

I would like to bring to your attention the design for the area located for clan graphics, the clan banner. At present the area is 990x100 and is covered with unnecessary buttons and links which obscure the image, for example, my clan home, all clans, my clans, clan leagues at one end and clan logo, clan name and clan motto at the other, the consequences of this are that graphically the designer is forced to resort to abstract imagery and forgo all attempts at detail and inclusive text.

solution would be to reposition the tabs below the graphic area which is small enough as it is or to drastically increase the area for graphics, for at present they are being obscured. Please give consideration to the matter, for the present layout is too congested for the graphics to be effective.

look at this beautiful graphic being so obscured as to be rendered redundant.

http://www.timeforchess.com/clan/clanhome.php?cid=25203

your humble and obedient servant

Robbie.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
16 Jan 14

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
16 Jan 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I would like to bring to your attention the design for the area located for clan graphics, the clan banner. At present the area is 990x100 and is covered with unnecessary buttons and links which obscure the image, for example, my clan home, all clans, my clans, clan leagues at one end and clan logo, clan name and clan motto at the other, the conseque ...[text shortened]... w.timeforchess.com/clan/clanhome.php?cid=25203

your humble and obedient servant

Robbie.
lol, for some reason 'timeforchess' doesn't automatically recognise that I'm a subscriber, hence seeing adverts is somewhat new to me....but all I can see are the usual tube \ underground type adverts from the same old bunch of clowns desperately wanting folk to apply for 2000% interest rate loans...or the myriad ambulance chasers seeking \ URGING freshly injured clients...literally that's all I notice there, so any clan logo is somewhat redundant in the minds eye 😉

rc

Moves
16 Jan 14

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
lol, for some reason 'timeforchess' doesn't automatically recognise that I'm a subscriber, hence seeing adverts is somewhat new to me....but all I can see are the usual tube \ underground type adverts from the same old bunch of clowns desperately wanting folk to apply for 2000% interest rate loans...or the myriad ambulance chasers seeking \ URGING freshl ...[text shortened]... .literally that's all I notice there, so any clan logo is somewhat redundant in the minds eye 😉
hmmmmm these are somewhat different issues great reverend one, but to provide an area for graphics and then proceed to cover it up is simply bad design.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
16 Jan 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
hmmmmm these are somewhat different issues great reverend one, but to provide an area for graphics and then proceed to cover it up is simply bad design.
Indeed they most certainly are, different issues, but covering up 'both' take that little bit of magic away from your desired design goal... 🙁

rc

Moves
16 Jan 14

Indeed they most certainly are, different issues, but covering up 'both' take that little bit of magic away from your desired design goal... 🙁
sure thing having a graphics area and then covering it up is simply bad design, put the tabs below the graphic are where they belong.

Read a book!

Moves
21 Jan 14

lol, for some reason 'timeforchess' doesn't automatically recognise that I'm a subscriber, hence seeing adverts is somewhat new to me....but all I can see are the usual tube \ underground type adverts from the same old bunch of clowns desperately wanting folk to apply for 2000% interest rate loans...or the myriad ambulance chasers seeking \ URGING freshl ...[text shortened]... .literally that's all I notice there, so any clan logo is somewhat redundant in the minds eye 😉
What does knocking on wood have to do with thunder and lightning, may I ask?

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
22 Jan 14

Originally posted by HandyAndy
I think that's actually a question for the OP...however, I'm aware that they were included in the lyrics of a hit 'tune' back in the 70's...
A quick google search resulted in this:
http://www.metrolyrics.com/knock-on-wood-lyrics-pointer-sisters.html

Hope that helps..

rc

Moves
22 Jan 14

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Its like thunder, lightning,
the way you love me is frighting,
think i better knock knock knock on wood
Baby, ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

dig!

rc

Moves
22 Jan 14
2 edits

I think that's actually a question for the OP...however, I'm aware that they were included in the lyrics of a hit 'tune' back in the 70's...
A quick google search resulted in this:
http://www.metrolyrics.com/knock-on-wood-lyrics-pointer-sisters.html

Hope that helps..
Ah Great Reverend one a man of culture and taste I see! anyhow I am thinking of changing my clan name to 'The Masters of Zen', pretty awesome in'it ! 😀