Clan challenges - which challenges am I in

Clan challenges - which challenges am I in

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Data Warehouser

Back in the UK!

Moves
19 Sep 09

It would be nice to have a small indicator against each challenge on the Clan Challenges section of the Clan pages to indicate whether I am in a challenge - that way I can look at challenges that I am a part of more easily without trawling through all of them.

M

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
20 Sep 09

Originally posted by noxidjkram
It would be nice to have a small indicator against each challenge on the Clan Challenges section of the Clan pages to indicate whether I am in a challenge - that way I can look at challenges that I am a part of more easily without trawling through all of them.

M
There's a preview link next to each clan challenge. Click on that and you can view each challenge.
I hope you not trying to say that there's a much easier way, or that the way it is now is to much work..πŸ˜•

Moves
08 Nov 09

Originally posted by KingDavid403
There's a preview link next to each clan challenge. Click on that and you can view each challenge.
I hope you not trying to say that there's a much easier way, or that the way it is now is to much work..πŸ˜•
actually i think that's exactly what he's saying. and i agree totally.

consider a list of just the first few pages of clan challenges (when in fact the first 10 or 15 pages may be of interest to you), that's probably a list 200 lines long. is it really the most effective way to display whether you're involved in a challenge by having the user click on something and load a new screen? for that list you'd have to load up 200 new screens, pretty inefficient/inconvenient.

easy solutions come to mind: on RHP there are no end to little symbols right after things, and on the challenges themselves there is the symbol of how many points earned by a (finished) challenge. you could add some symbol that shows you're part of that challenge.

or if adding yet another symbol to the end of challenges isn't a viable solution, how about a simple boolean T/F column in the list, T if you're in the challenge, F if you're not?

just some suggestions to make this site and its clan stuff even better.

thanks.
,Y

z
Thread Killing Chimp

In your retina!:D

Moves
08 Nov 09

Originally posted by KingDavid403
The "preview" link is only available for challenges that didnt start. It loads a small pop-up window with the players.
When a challenge started, or already finished theres a "view" link, and it requires you to load a new page.

I like the idea, rec'd it.
To add another option: Maybe a small "*" behind the number that gives the amount of members in a challenge ("Mem." column), to indicate that you are one of those members (and therefor in that challenge..).

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
09 Nov 09
1 edit

I had the intention of quickly adding a filter to display only the clan challenges someone was participating in, but the clan design has a few legacy issues which make this less straightforward than I would have hoped. The whole backend of the clan challenge system requires a redesign (I knew this already) but this has served as another reminder. I may escalate it just to get it fixed because it is a site performance issue too.

z
Thread Killing Chimp

Moves
09 Nov 09

Originally posted by Russ
I had the intention of quickly adding a filter to display only the clan challenges someone was participating in, but the clan design has a few legacy issues which make this less straightforward than I would have hoped. The whole backend of the clan challenge system requires a redesign (I knew this already) but this has served as another reminder. I may escalate it just to get it fixed because it is a site performance issue too.
I had the intention of quickly adding a filter to display only the clan challenges someone was participating in,

I take it that the way it is now (all challenges) would be the default, and there would be some button/menu for this filter?
Because for interested people and clanleaders it would be useful to be able to view all challenges tooπŸ˜‰
It would also be nice if you could filter the challenges for a specific member (not just yourself).

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
18 Nov 09

Quite a few changes to make this work, resulting in some site performance improvements, which is always nice.

On the clan home page, if a clan member, the right hand table now has two links at the top :

"Recent results" & "My Challenges"

Also, on the member's table, the "Games" column now has a link to view the any clan member's challenges.

This link is also available from the "info" links, wherever they may appear on the site.

z
Thread Killing Chimp

Moves
18 Nov 09

Originally posted by Russ
Quite a few changes to make this work, resulting in some site performance improvements, which is always nice.

On the clan home page, if a clan member, the right hand table now has two links at the top :

"Recent results" & "My Challenges"

Also, on the member's table, the "Games" column now has a link to view the any clan member's challenges.

This link is also available from the "info" links, wherever they may appear on the site.
Sweet!
Good to see that you are also buisy with (very) usefull stuff and not only crap like twitter;p