Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 02 Aug '07 19:57
    It would be MUCH easier to review a challenge if the players' rating graph, or at least high/low for last 100 games, was shown. Comparing current ratings is not a reliable way to compare ability/skill, as many players' ratings fall after prolonged absences.

    As it is, when a sizeable challenge is received, the leader sees a pairings list, which shows current ratings. To accept a truly even challenge, the leader must then remember, or write down, all of the pairings, then visit the challenging clan's page, click on each member to review the history, and compare with your own member's ability. It takes forever with larger challenges.

    Unless there is a faster/easier way to check histories (if so, please let me know) something should be added to speed this process up.
  2. 03 Aug '07 19:33
    Originally posted by SJ247
    It would be MUCH easier to review a challenge if the players' rating graph, or at least high/low for last 100 games, was shown. Comparing current ratings is not a reliable way to compare ability/skill, as many players' ratings fall after prolonged absences.

    As it is, when a sizeable challenge is received, the leader sees a pairings list, which shows curr ...[text shortened]... ck histories (if so, please let me know) something should be added to speed this process up.
    So then...if noone has any negative feedback, does the decision default in favor of idea?
  3. Standard member Freddie2008
    9 Edits
    04 Aug '07 01:31
    Originally posted by SJ247
    It would be MUCH easier to review a challenge if the players' rating graph, or at least high/low for last 100 games, was shown. Comparing current ratings is not a reliable way to compare ability/skill, as many players' ratings fall after prolonged absences.

    As it is, when a sizeable challenge is received, the leader sees a pairings list, which shows curr ...[text shortened]... ck histories (if so, please let me know) something should be added to speed this process up.
    Do you mean having a graph for each player (the same one as their profile graph) on the page for each clan challenge? I'm not sure how feesable that would be, wouldn't it make the page very long?
  4. 06 Aug '07 13:45
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    Do you mean having a graph for each player (the same one as their profile graph) on the page for each clan challenge? I'm not sure how feesable that would be, wouldn't it make the page very long?
    Maybe just high rating for last X days or games. Anything would help.
  5. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    07 Aug '07 04:34
    Although I am not a clan leader (although I just stepped down from one), I can definitely say it would have a great feature.

    Perhaps even seeing players' tournament entry ratings would (have) help(ed)...
  6. 29 Oct '07 22:15 / 1 edit
    STILL as big a pain as last August, and the time before that, when this had no feedback/support from other clan leaders.
  7. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    29 Oct '07 22:24 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Although I am not a clan leader (although I just stepped down from one), I can definitely say it would have a great feature.

    Perhaps even seeing players' tournament entry ratings would (have) help(ed)...
    Join the Rogue Knights! It's freakin awesome! Ask anyone in the clan!!! Clan 24752

    EDIT: You'd be the 20th member!!!
  8. 29 Oct '07 22:28
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    Join the Rogue Knights! It's freakin awesome! Ask anyone in the clan!!! Clan 24752

    EDIT: You'd be the 20th member!!!
    Here's an idea: Take your recruitment efforts to the Clans forum.
  9. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    29 Oct '07 22:31
    Originally posted by SJ247
    Here's an idea: Take your recruitment efforts to the Clans forum, Spanky.
    FIXED!!!
  10. 29 Oct '07 22:52
    Originally posted by rhb
    FIXED!!!
    Thanks for the help, but I purposely chose to leave that part off, to avoid sounding jovial.
  11. 29 Oct '07 22:59
    Originally posted by SJ247
    It would be MUCH easier to review a challenge if the players' rating graph, or at least high/low for last 100 games, was shown. Comparing current ratings is not a reliable way to compare ability/skill, as many players' ratings fall after prolonged absences.

    As it is, when a sizeable challenge is received, the leader sees a pairings list, which shows curr ...[text shortened]... ck histories (if so, please let me know) something should be added to speed this process up.
    I'd agree here.

    Balancing a clan challenge is a tricky thing, the more info you have to hand as to the pairings the better. Even with my little clan, it still takes ages to line up what looks like a 'fair' challenge.
    I use firefox and open each clan in a new tab, then each clan member in a further new tab before accepting or making challenges.
    It's time consuming.

    Russ - take note. The whole clan thing needs a shake-up.
  12. 10 Nov '07 12:56
    Originally posted by orangutan
    I'd agree here.

    Balancing a clan challenge is a tricky thing, the more info you have to hand as to the pairings the better. Even with my little clan, it still takes ages to line up what looks like a 'fair' challenge.
    I use firefox and open each clan in a new tab, then each clan member in a further new tab before accepting or making challenges.
    It's time consuming.

    Russ - take note. The whole clan thing needs a shake-up.
    !
  13. Standard member Smiffy
    SPS CLAN
    14 Nov '07 13:59
    i agree also.even when im getting challenges off the clans im involved with i sometimes get a former 1900 in the last 100 days and hes at 1600 my rating and takes me apart.so we need something to help us leaders out as stated above even if its the tournament ratings that is something.