1. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '07 19:57
    It would be MUCH easier to review a challenge if the players' rating graph, or at least high/low for last 100 games, was shown. Comparing current ratings is not a reliable way to compare ability/skill, as many players' ratings fall after prolonged absences.

As it is, when a sizeable challenge is received, the leader sees a pairings list, which shows current ratings. To accept a truly even challenge, the leader must then remember, or write down, all of the pairings, then visit the challenging clan's page, click on each member to review the history, and compare with your own member's ability. It takes forever with larger challenges.

Unless there is a faster/easier way to check histories (if so, please let me know) something should be added to speed this process up.
  2. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '07 19:33
    Originally posted by SJ247
    It would be MUCH easier to review a challenge if the players' rating graph, or at least high/low for last 100 games, was shown. Comparing current ratings is not a reliable way to compare ability/skill, as many players' ratings fall after prolonged absences.

As it is, when a sizeable challenge is received, the leader sees a pairings list, which shows curr ...[text shortened]... ck histories (if so, please let me know) something should be added to speed this process up.
    So then...if noone has any negative feedback, does the decision default in favor of idea?
  3. London
    Moves
    04 Aug '07 01:31

As it is, when a sizeable challenge is received, the leader sees a pairings list, which shows curr ...[text shortened]... ck histories (if so, please let me know) something should be added to speed this process up.
    Do you mean having a graph for each player (the same one as their profile graph) on the page for each clan challenge? I'm not sure how feesable that would be, wouldn't it make the page very long?
  4. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '07 13:45
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    Do you mean having a graph for each player (the same one as their profile graph) on the page for each clan challenge? I'm not sure how feesable that would be, wouldn't it make the page very long?
    Maybe just high rating for last X days or games. Anything would help.
  5. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 04:34
    Although I am not a clan leader (although I just stepped down from one), I can definitely say it would have a great feature.

Perhaps even seeing players' tournament entry ratings would (have) help(ed)...
  6. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Oct '07 22:151 edit
    STILL as big a pain as last August, and the time before that, when this had no feedback/support from other clan leaders.
  7. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '07 22:241 edit
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Although I am not a clan leader (although I just stepped down from one), I can definitely say it would have a great feature.

Perhaps even seeing players' tournament entry ratings would (have) help(ed)...
    Join the Rogue Knights! It's freakin awesome! Ask anyone in the clan!!! Clan 24752

EDIT: You'd be the 20th member!!!
  8. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Oct '07 22:28
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    Join the Rogue Knights! It's freakin awesome! Ask anyone in the clan!!! Clan 24752

EDIT: You'd be the 20th member!!!
    Here's an idea: Take your recruitment efforts to the Clans forum.
  9. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    29 Oct '07 22:31
    Here's an idea: Take your recruitment efforts to the Clans forum, Spanky.
    FIXED!!!
  10. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Oct '07 22:52
    Originally posted by rhb
    FIXED!!!
    Thanks for the help, but I purposely chose to leave that part off, to avoid sounding jovial.
  11. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    29 Oct '07 22:59

I'd agree here.

Balancing a clan challenge is a tricky thing, the more info you have to hand as to the pairings the better. Even with my little clan, it still takes ages to line up what looks like a 'fair' challenge.
    I use firefox and open each clan in a new tab, then each clan member in a further new tab before accepting or making challenges.
    It's time consuming.

Russ - take note. The whole clan thing needs a shake-up.
  12. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '07 12:56
    Originally posted by orangutan
    I'd agree here.

Balancing a clan challenge is a tricky thing, the more info you have to hand as to the pairings the better. Even with my little clan, it still takes ages to line up what looks like a 'fair' challenge.
    I use firefox and open each clan in a new tab, then each clan member in a further new tab before accepting or making challenges.
    It's time consuming.

Russ - take note. The whole clan thing needs a shake-up.
    !
  13. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 13:59
    i agree also.even when im getting challenges off the clans im involved with i sometimes get a former 1900 in the last 100 days and hes at 1600 my rating and takes me apart.so we need something to help us leaders out as stated above even if its the tournament ratings that is something.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree