1. Farnborough
    Moves
    28 May '09 09:07
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    typical comment from a pillock without a star.
    The point I make is when my gameload is high (through choice) then my ability is reduce due to time constraints. When my gameload is low my abilities exceed my rating.
    Point is that at very few times is mt tournament rating reflective of the current performance.
    Hey, keep it polite please.

As it happens I agree with Daemon Sin. The fact is you are a player who has the potential to play at a high level, regardless of how an overload of games affects your performance. You can't really take into account the number of games you currently have, it must be on your ability to play chess. Although I accept to a degree what you say, your case is an unusual scenario.

I still feel that if tourney entry levels are used for clan challenges it would in the main lead to fairer games, and would be much quicker for the clan leaders to organise. If I get a clan challenge currently it takes quite a long time to check out all the players involved if it is a big challenge. Where just 2-3 games are involved it's not a big problem, but if it is a 10+ it is a right pain in the butt.
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    28 May '09 21:48
    Originally posted by Goggy
    Hey, keep it polite please.

As it happens I agree with Daemon Sin. The fact is you are a player who has the potential to play at a high level, regardless of how an overload of games affects your performance. You can't really take into account the number of games you currently have, it must be on your ability to play chess. Although I accept to a degree what ...[text shortened]... games are involved it's not a big problem, but if it is a 10+ it is a right pain in the butt.
    I still beg to differ
    I threw away a queen v a 950 player and yes turned the game around due to his rating.
    However had he been 1200+ then with my current gameload that game would not have been recovered as I look, move, submit with my current game level. I therefore would not have taken the time to retrieve the game whereas if I had a mere 20-50 games in progress I would have been confident of recovering the game against sub 1400.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree