1. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    14 Jan '05 16:27
    I thought of this last night and after thinking about it for awhile, I still think it is a decent idea. I wanted to see what others think.

We break the clans into four divisions:
    Division IV: clans with under 6 players
    Division III: clans with 7-12 players
    Division II: clans with 13-18 players
    Division I: clans with 19-24 players

This would allow smaller and newer clans to also be competitive. Seems like it would equal out the clans more, pitting simialr sized clans against each other. If a clan was popular and wanted to move up a division, they could just message Russ to be slid to the next higher one.
    Then we could have clan leagues or tourneys within the divisions.

What do the rest of you think?
  2. Gloucestershire , UK
    Moves
    14 Jan '05 16:401 edit
    what would you do if a clan had six members and was competing in an active divsion and then a seventh member wanted to join?

would they have to leave the division they are competing in straight away or whould challenges be finished?

other then that it seems ok
  3. Donationrichjohnson
    TANSTAAFL
    Walking on sunshine
    Moves
    14 Jan '05 18:26
    Originally posted by Saint Nick
    I thought of this last night and after thinking about it for awhile, I still think it is a decent idea. I wanted to see what others think.

We break the clans into four divisions:
    Division IV: clans with under 6 players
    Division III: clans with 7-12 players
    Division II: clans with 13-18 players
    Division I: clans with 19-24 players

This would allo ...[text shortened]... n we could have clan leagues or tourneys within the divisions.

What do the rest of you think?
    I like the idea. I guess this means you're in favour of rasing the maximum number of people in a clan to 24?
  4. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    14 Jan '05 19:42
    No, I'm in favor of keeping it at 20 unless we went to a system like this. My ideas for keeping it at 20 with the current system is discussed at lenght in the clan forum.

I think if a clan wanted to move up one division they could do it in the middle of challenges without a problem. If they just played out the games they had already started, I don't see really causing a problem.
  5. London
    Moves
    14 Jan '05 20:16
    what about clans that have 4 players that want to compete in the -6 divisions. how would 4 players play against 6 and if they were 4 against 4 how would the players which were going to play be chosen??

fred
  6. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    14 Jan '05 21:39
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    what about clans that have 4 players that want to compete in the -6 divisions. how would 4 players play against 6 and if they were 4 against 4 how would the players which were going to play be chosen??

fred
    The idea is that the challenge system wroks the same.

In any of the divisions, there could still be 2 v. 2, 3 v, 3, 4 v. 4, etc...

So if a clan with 4 players wanted to challenge a clan of 6, they would simply issue it the same way the do now.

But with a max of six players, it would still even out the competition overall.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree