1. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    07 Sep '05 12:54
    To solve the problem of one-man-clans without creating a host of useless regulations and probationary periods and possible unfair situations, I would like to see a filter added to the clans, so you could set upper and lower limits on what clan sizes you want to see. This would also help leaders to find appropriate challenges if they wanted to involve more of their players than usual. It also seems to me that this would be much easier to implement than a huge set of new rules and different states for the clans.
  2. Standard memberDOlivier2004
    A Lost Bobby
    The Bermuda Triangle
    Moves
    07 Sep '05 16:38
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    To solve the problem of one-man-clans without creating a host of useless regulations and probationary periods and possible unfair situations, I would like to see a filter added to the clans, so you could set upper and lower limits on what clan sizes you want to see. This would also help leaders to find appropriate challenges if they wanted to involve ...[text shortened]... uld be much easier to implement than a huge set of new rules and different states for the clans.
    There's already a tool on the clan page that sorts by member size, by points, etc, so that you can find clans quickly

My opinion is that one-man clans are a contradiction in terms, and that they shouldn't exist in the first place after a few months. Hegemon's proposals are more sensible and would effectively limit the number of small-member clans.
  3. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    07 Sep '05 23:28
    Originally posted by DOlivier2004
    There's already a tool on the clan page that sorts by member size, by points, etc, so that you can find clans quickly

My opinion is that one-man clans are a contradiction in terms, and that they shouldn't exist in the first place after a few months. Hegemon's proposals are more sensible and would effectively limit the number of small-member clans.
    Sorry, I don't run a clan so I didn't know. It just seemed obvious. Russ must have precognition.

I don't think we need one man clans either, but Hegemon's solution just seems overkill with the killing of inactive clans and whatnot. Plus I think it would be a pain to add. Why does anyone care about one man clans when they can just filter them out then?
  4. Standard memberDOlivier2004
    A Lost Bobby
    The Bermuda Triangle
    Moves
    08 Sep '05 08:27
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    Sorry, I don't run a clan so I didn't know. It just seemed obvious. Russ must have precognition.

I don't think we need one man clans either, but Hegemon's solution just seems overkill with the killing of inactive clans and whatnot. Plus I think it would be a pain to add. Why does anyone care about one man clans when they can just filter them out then?
    I can't tell you how many times I've had to reject one-man challenges from one-man clans. I've a policy of multiplayer challenges only (the major reason I formed a clan in the first place) so it will cut down on teh annoyance factor.

Hegemon is looking at this from a web design and mainetnace function. All his proposals need some code (how much, I don't know) and little maintenance, if things work out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree