1. Standard memberGalaKev
    Borderer
    Scotland
    Moves
    10 May '11 07:41
    At present, you have a tick box per clan whether you can accept games or not.

What I would suggest is a numerical value of games you are prepared to accept at once from each clan. This can not be exceeded and once reached this would make the member unavailable and once theis value goes under the player would become avialable.

There is 2 reasons why I think this would be good. At present I have given my clan members an option of how many games they want and I am manually checking to make sure that this is not exceeded. However I am getting numerous challenges involving players who are their limit and I am having to delete the challenge or adjust it.

The other reason it would give clan members peace of mind that they would not have heap loads of games organised, next time they log on. So possibly making the clan sysytem more appealing.
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    10 May '11 11:58
    Originally posted by GalaKev
    At present, you have a tick box per clan whether you can accept games or not.

What I would suggest is a numerical value of games you are prepared to accept at once from each clan. This can not be exceeded and once reached this would make the member unavailable and once theis value goes under the player would become avialable.

There is 2 reasons why I t ...[text shortened]... s of games organised, next time they log on. So possibly making the clan sysytem more appealing.
    The problem you have will not be sorted by a predetermined number of games.

Lets say player A only wants 20 games. They have 10 at present so are willing to accept a further 10.

You issue 5 challenges with that player. However at/around the same time six challenges are issued by other clans involving the player as they are still available.

You accept 4 of the challenges bouncing 2. The player now has space for 1 challenge but you have issued 5 with him involved.

Clan 1 accepts the challenge and now you player becomes unavailable because they have reached their 20 game limit.

Clans 2, 3, 4 and 5 are also happy with the challenges offered but when they try to accept them they cannot because one of your players is unavailable.

You are called all the names under the sun for wasting their time by issuing challenges for a player who is unavailable!
  3. Standard memberGalaKev
    Borderer
    Scotland
    Moves
    10 May '11 12:45
    Originally posted by adramforall
    The problem you have will not be sorted by a predetermined number of games.

Lets say player A only wants 20 games. They have 10 at present so are willing to accept a further 10.

You issue 5 challenges with that player. However at/around the same time six challenges are issued by other clans involving the player as they are still available.

Y ...[text shortened]... ames under the sun for wasting their time by issuing challenges for a player who is unavailable!
    Not quite what I was saying.

At present you can select each clan, whether you wish to be available.

So for example a player has 2 clans.

He can select Clan A 10 games, Clan B 10 games.
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    10 May '11 13:22
    Originally posted by GalaKev
    Not quite what I was saying.

At present you can select each clan, whether you wish to be available.

So for example a player has 2 clans.

He can select Clan A 10 games, Clan B 10 games.
    I was referring to the position for each clan. 🙂

The problem is "when does a challenge" become games that reduce the limit of games the player wants to play?

Is it when a challenge is issued or when it is accepted?
  5. Standard memberGalaKev
    Borderer
    Scotland
    Moves
    10 May '11 15:041 edit
    Originally posted by adramforall
    I was referring to the position for each clan. 🙂

The problem is "when does a challenge" become games that reduce the limit of games the player wants to play?

Is it when a challenge is issued or when it is accepted?
    I see your point. It would have to be games + challenges issued = max games available for.

Thats the way I do it, say a player wants 10 games he has 6 started. I would try to line him up for 4 more, if a challenge falls through then I can get him more.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree