1. Standard memberCalWriter
    Creative Genius
    Literary Lion Land
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 16:49
    How about a private forum for clan leaders to discuss clan management, problem players, etc...
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 19:36
    Originally posted by CalWriter
    How about a private forum for clan leaders to discuss clan management, problem players, etc...
    It wouldn't be very private, as pretty much anyone could go in. All they need to do is create a clan.

P-
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 15:49
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    It wouldn't be very private, as pretty much anyone could go in. All they need to do is create a clan.

P-
    Well, probably this clan could only have 20 members like any other? so it would be restricted to 20 clan leaders.

AND you can only lead one clan at a time, so the Clan Leaders Clan which would evidently not seek challenges would be led by a passive clan leader...

I think the original suggestion is ok if the leader do want it.
  4. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 16:18
    Originally posted by CalWriter
    Trying to overshadow my idea? Just putting the word "leader" into my title isn't going to do it. my idea is better anyway 😛
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 16:52
    could you point us to your idea (i don't know that)
  6. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 17:271 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    could you point us to your idea (i don't know that)
    thread titled "Clan Forums" in this very forum of site ideas
  7. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 20:41

P-
    Then how about limiting the forum to clan leaders who have been leaders for at least 6 months. And maybe a minimum of 8 players or so, so the clan is an established clan and not someone who's had a clan for a long time but been soloing.
  8. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 23:19

P-
    I don't think this is a big problem. Anyone who is desperate enough to create a clan just to post in the clan leaders forum has to be dealt with delicately. We should probably let those people in without a fight.

That being said, I'm not sure about the initial idea. What would we talk about? Improvements to the clan system are mentioned in the site ideas forum, and goading takes place in the clan forum.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Dec '05 15:48
    Originally posted by ark13
    I don't think this is a big problem. Anyone who is desperate enough to create a clan just to post in the clan leaders forum has to be dealt with delicately. We should probably let those people in without a fight.

That being said, I'm not sure about the initial idea. What would we talk about? Improvements to the clan system are mentioned in the site ideas forum, and goading takes place in the clan forum.
    'Problem Players' is what caught my eye in the first post. I'm not sure why clan leaders are needing to talk about these players, or how you know when somone is a 'Problem Player'.... but this player is going to get into the forum easy enough one way or the other.

P-
  10. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    03 Dec '05 20:57
    An 'open to reply' clan forum sticky thread could be created to discuss managment issues. You don't need a whole forum for it, and to be honest a thread is probably too much still.

For the record: I manage my clan with a Ginger fist.
  11. Joined
    30 Jan '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '05 20:30
    it would be restricted to 20 clan leaders.

AND you can only lead one clan at a time
    LOL
    Who leads this clan then?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree