Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member CalWriter
    Creative Genius
    29 Nov '05 16:49
    How about a private forum for clan leaders to discuss clan management, problem players, etc...
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    29 Nov '05 19:36
    Originally posted by CalWriter
    How about a private forum for clan leaders to discuss clan management, problem players, etc...
    It wouldn't be very private, as pretty much anyone could go in. All they need to do is create a clan.

    P-
  3. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    01 Dec '05 15:49
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    It wouldn't be very private, as pretty much anyone could go in. All they need to do is create a clan.

    P-
    Well, probably this clan could only have 20 members like any other? so it would be restricted to 20 clan leaders.

    AND you can only lead one clan at a time, so the Clan Leaders Clan which would evidently not seek challenges would be led by a passive clan leader...

    I think the original suggestion is ok if the leader do want it.
  4. Standard member PocketKings
    Banned from edits
    01 Dec '05 16:18
    Originally posted by CalWriter
    How about a private forum for clan leaders to discuss clan management, problem players, etc...
    Trying to overshadow my idea? Just putting the word "leader" into my title isn't going to do it. my idea is better anyway
  5. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    01 Dec '05 16:52
    could you point us to your idea (i don't know that)
  6. Standard member PocketKings
    Banned from edits
    01 Dec '05 17:27 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    could you point us to your idea (i don't know that)
    thread titled "Clan Forums" in this very forum of site ideas
  7. Standard member GalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    01 Dec '05 20:41
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    It wouldn't be very private, as pretty much anyone could go in. All they need to do is create a clan.

    P-
    Then how about limiting the forum to clan leaders who have been leaders for at least 6 months. And maybe a minimum of 8 players or so, so the clan is an established clan and not someone who's had a clan for a long time but been soloing.
  8. Standard member ark13
    Enola Straight
    01 Dec '05 23:19
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    It wouldn't be very private, as pretty much anyone could go in. All they need to do is create a clan.

    P-
    I don't think this is a big problem. Anyone who is desperate enough to create a clan just to post in the clan leaders forum has to be dealt with delicately. We should probably let those people in without a fight.

    That being said, I'm not sure about the initial idea. What would we talk about? Improvements to the clan system are mentioned in the site ideas forum, and goading takes place in the clan forum.
  9. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    03 Dec '05 15:48
    Originally posted by ark13
    I don't think this is a big problem. Anyone who is desperate enough to create a clan just to post in the clan leaders forum has to be dealt with delicately. We should probably let those people in without a fight.

    That being said, I'm not sure about the initial idea. What would we talk about? Improvements to the clan system are mentioned in the site ideas forum, and goading takes place in the clan forum.
    'Problem Players' is what caught my eye in the first post. I'm not sure why clan leaders are needing to talk about these players, or how you know when somone is a 'Problem Player'.... but this player is going to get into the forum easy enough one way or the other.

    P-
  10. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    03 Dec '05 20:57
    An 'open to reply' clan forum sticky thread could be created to discuss managment issues. You don't need a whole forum for it, and to be honest a thread is probably too much still.

    For the record: I manage my clan with a Ginger fist.
  11. 04 Dec '05 20:30
    it would be restricted to 20 clan leaders.

    AND you can only lead one clan at a time
    LOL
    Who leads this clan then?