1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    29 May '06 16:53
    I feel the Clan League's popularity would be increased if individuals could win tounament honours for performing best on their board in a particular League.

If this system was adopted, then through necessity, each board would have a tournament table which would be a MUCH better way of viewing the leagues.

The League tables would be much the same as a tournament page, with each group of 8 displayed in a table, with 8 Groups on the page. It would allow casual observers to see individuals performance, rather than the current system which is difficult to navigate as you have to look at each player individually (which is cumbersome and only provides information that is useful to that one user, the player themself, rather than users in general).

If a player wins their group, they get a tournament win in their profile with a Clan League "L" symbol next to it. This, i believe, would seriously increase the number of players who would want to join a League team! Players seem to be much more willing to enter tournaments than enter the leagues, the reason for this has to be the lack of honours involved in the Clan Leagues.

Also, Clans that win a League, should get honours on their Clan page! As things stand, the Leagues still take a back seat to the Clan Tables, when they should be at the for front of the Clan system as they are such a unique feature of this site.
  2. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    29 May '06 18:55
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    I feel the Clan League's popularity would be increased if individuals could win tounament honours for performing best on their board in a particular League.

If this system was adopted, then through necessity, each board would have a tournament table which would be a MUCH better way of viewing the leagues.

The League tables would be much the same ...[text shortened]... should be at the for front of the Clan system as they are such a unique feature of this site.
    how about banded leagues aswell. lower rated players generally take on more games, but have no chance in the leagues (they're not banded now are they?)
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    29 May '06 19:31
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    how about banded leagues aswell. lower rated players generally take on more games, but have no chance in the leagues (they're not banded now are they?)
    I don't think there are enough people involved in the Clan Leagues to sustain banded leagues. The current Leagues pretty much band themselves as the top boards have stronger players than the bottom boards anyway.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree