1. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 12:07
    When a team loses players for computer cheating there should be an additional team penalty according to the board number of the cheat, since the cheat(s) has allowed other team members to meet easier opposition.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 13:01
    Originally posted by davidmacc
    When a team loses players for computer cheating there should be an additional team penalty according to the board number of the cheat, since the cheat(s) has allowed other team members to meet easier opposition.
    What should be the additional team penalty, in your view?
  3. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 13:14
    Originally posted by davidmacc
    I can see your point but the clan will lose all the cheaters games and therefore will not do very well.

Other clan (fair playing) members should not be further punished for the actions of one selfish player.
  4. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 02:49
    Originally posted by invigorate
    I can see your point but the clan will lose all the cheaters games and therefore will not do very well.

No, they won't. Look at the 1/14 league. 3 players banned from FHL, and more than half of their games were finished before they were banned. They still have all the points from those games, as well.
  5. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 10:46
    Originally posted by invigorate

Other clan (fair playing) members should not be further punished for the actions of one selfish player.
    A specific case to disprove your point - jimster. He has amassed 37 points before being caught out.

I have a lot of sympathy for the bottom three boards of the FHL team in that their achievements are being tarnished by the top three (cheating) boards.

As for a specific penalty - how about 100 points deducted for a booted board 1, 80 pts for Bd 2, 60 pts for Bd 3 etc ... ? If the penalty isn't harsh then cheating will pay.
  6. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 11:01
    At the very least the points scored illegally through engine use should be deducted from the clan's total points. Otherwise the cheating is rewarded.

Let's look at the present season of the leagues. As can be seen, FAITH HOPE LOVE have benefitted massively from the points gained through cheating, putting them in first place in two leagues and second place in another.

1 Day Timeout League, Season 7

FAITH HOPE LOVE are in 1st position in Division 1 with 252 points.

But:-

jimster - 37 points scored from a maximum of 42 available from 14 game complete.

blackjack12 - 33 points scored from a maximum of 54 available from 18 game complete.
    TouaregNew - 27 points scored from a maximum of 54 available from 18 game complete.

Therefore 97 points were gained illegally by engine users. If there was any justice, these should be deducted from FAITH HOPE LOVE’s total points, giving them an adjusted total of 155 points, putting them in 6th position.

3 Day Timeout League, Season 4

FAITH HOPE LOVE are in 1st position in Division 2 with 266 points.

jimster - 44 points scored from a maximum of 48 available from 16 game complete.

GauravV - 21 points scored from a maximum of 54 available from 18 game complete.

Therefore 65 points were gained illegally by engine users. These should be deducted from FAITH HOPE LOVE’s total points, giving them an adjusted total of 201 points, putting them in 4th position.

14 Day Timeout League, Season 2

FAITH HOPE LOVE are in 2nd position in Division 3 with 119 points.

GauravV - 24 points scored from a maximum of 30 available from 10 game complete.

These should be deducted from FAITH HOPE LOVE’s total points, giving them an adjusted total of 95 points, leaving them in 2nd position.
  7. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 16:51
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    At the very least the points scored illegally through engine use should be deducted from the clan's total points. Otherwise the cheating is rewarded.

Let's look at the present season of the leagues. As can be seen, FAITH HOPE LOVE have benefitted massively from the points gained through cheating, putting them in first place in two leagues and second p ...[text shortened]... LOVE’s total points, giving them an adjusted total of 95 points, leaving them in 2nd position.
    Sounds like an excellent solution to me. Rec'd.
  8. Joined
    03 May '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 13:14
    perhaps FHL aught to simply change their clan motto. WWFD? a variation on the Christian mantra 😛
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 15:27
    Originally posted by pootstick
    perhaps FHL aught to simply change their clan motto. WWFD? a variation on the Christian mantra 😛
    LOL!!!

D
  10. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 14:46
    Yes! Same principle as tournament games. Deduct the points gained illegally.

Rec'd.
  11. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 10:47
    Yes, should be done. It may not be practical for this season's leagues, but should be implemented for next season's at the very least.
  12. Standard memberoilman
    Glory To GOD !
    Jesus Is Lord !!
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 01:56

Let's look at the present season of the leagues. As can be seen, FAITH HOPE LOVE have benefitted massively from the points gained through cheating, putting them in first place in two leagues and second p ...[text shortened]... LOVE’s total points, giving them an adjusted total of 95 points, leaving them in 2nd position.
    I have no problem in tossing the whole season and or seasons because of the engine use controversy ! I have been seeking on what to do and the most fair solution to this mess and there is no easy answer to please everyone. However, we can state that we do not condone this engine use and we are working with RHP in ending this practice at this site and especially at FHL clan ! We will submit to any and all sanctions this site deems necessary to be imposed on FHL and we will do it joyfully ! This must stop in order to ensure a fair and equal competition. This might be a logistical nightmare to implement but it has to be across the board for every clan to submit to this restructuring ( all engine user from the beginning to now ) or put an asterisk next to our clan stating that we have willingly submitted to resign from being the division champions ! We are a Christian clan with all walks of people coming through our doors. We can not vouch for the integrity of some of our members but I can say that we have a core of 15 players that I know without a shadow of doubt have this Godly integrity ! We will try to get that number to 20. I am extremely sorry for what this has done to the witness of Jesus and to this game I truly love but I know that all things will work out to the good for those who diligently seek Him ! Be blessed and be a blessing !!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree