1. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 16:55
    There are so many lopsided clan matches going on (either accidentally or by design), that I think clan matches should have a governor on them to disallow lopsided matches. For example, if Clan Player A has a Tournament Entry Rating greater than 100 points different from Clan Player B, then the mechanism to propose matches rejects the match.
  2. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 18:17
    Originally posted by sbacat
    There are so many lopsided clan matches going on (either accidentally or by design), that I think clan matches should have a governor on them to disallow lopsided matches. For example, if Clan Player A has a Tournament Entry Rating greater than 100 points different from Clan Player B, then the mechanism to propose matches rejects the match.
    I think its the clanleaders responsibility not to create lopsided challenges.
    If you have the feeling you keep getting matched with to strong or weak opponents i suggest you notify your clanleader about this.

What if a 2000-rated player leaves the site (and gets timed out alot) and comes back after a year? He is not allowed to be matched with opponents his own strength?
  3. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 18:25
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    Truer words were never spoken.
  4. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 18:51
    If you have the feeling you keep getting matched with to strong or weak opponents i suggest you notify your clanleader about this.

What if a 2000-rated player leaves the site (and gets timed out alot) and comes back after a year? He is not allowed to be matched with opponents his own strength?
    To answer your other questions, it's not my clanleaders I see being accused of intentional lopsided matches. I get hammered in some clan matches and do the hammering in others, but for the most part they seem reasonably even.

In the theoretical 2000-rated player you've invented, would he enter banded tournaments if he wanted to upon his return? Would his clanmaster welcome him back as a 1200 player and immediately put him up against 2000 players in other clans?
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 19:191 edit
    Maybe some clans don't care about fair challenges, but want to play against better players to improve. Why should this be disallowed?
  6. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 19:37
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Maybe some clans don't care about fair challenges, but want to play against better players to improve. Why should this be disallowed?
    Clan 24818
  7. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 19:52
    In the theoretical 2000-rated player you've invented, would he enter banded tournaments if he wanted to upon his return? Would his clanmaster welcome him back as a 1200 player and immediately put him up against 2000 players in other clans?
    Do you always answer questions with more questions?😉

If this theoretical player would or would not enter banded tournaments doesnt really matter for clans or clanchallenges i guess? But, because i invented this theoretical player, he is cool, so will not go for easy tournament wins that will look very ugly on his profile anyway.
    As for your other question, Im not sure about this theoretical clanmaster, you invented him;p But I can speak for myself as clanleader, and if I would welcome an old-member back who timed out alot would depend on the situation. Its possible though. If it would happen I would welcome him back with his current rating and try to make him fair challenges with people that match his actual playing strength (2000).
  8. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 20:08
    Originally posted by Traveling Again
    Clan 24818
    Yes, it didn't occur to me that there were clans on here begging to be beaten. Guess I'm not built that way. Never mind.
  9. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 20:211 edit
    Do you always answer questions with more questions?😉
    Sometimes I think I know something and am proven completely wrong, like this time. In my little world, all matches should be between equal opponents who fiercely battle back and forth to the best of their relative abilities.

As many have pointed out, others don't subscribe to my view of what makes a good challenge. I shall now seek out those who like to be beaten. And make their day. 😉
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 20:27
    OK, I will take the JOB!

I can do it and show no BIAS to any of the CLANS I am in. 😏
  11. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 20:40
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    OK, I will take the JOB!

I can do it and show no BIAS to any of the CLANS I am in. 😏
    You I trust. It's all those other guys I'm worried about...
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 21:02
    [b]You I trust. It's all those other guys I'm worried about...[/b]
    I actually think it is a good idea. Probably would need a committe that would decide, but then that is what the Clan leaders are suppose to do from what I understand.

Do you think there is a big problem with the lop sided matches, or does it actually work out even in the end, when all has been said and done?
  13. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 12:571 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I actually think it is a good idea. Probably would need a committe that would decide, but then that is what the Clan leaders are suppose to do from what I understand.

Do you think there is a big problem with the lop sided matches, or does it actually work out even in the end, when all has been said and done?
    My primary reason for suggesting this is to stop the bickering in other forums about what constitutes accepting a lopsided challenge and what constitutes engineering lopsided challenges. It appears to me that some of the complaints have merit and the responses I'm seeing pretty much boil down to 'other clans do it, so we have to in order to keep up.' And while that may be true on the surface, it rings hollow. In my naive view of what makes for a rousing clan challenge, we put up our guys against your guys of similar strength and we duke it out. Winner gets bragging rights. But if you're bringing your Mike Tyson against my Sugar Ray Leonard and claiming it's a fair fight, when you've won and start thumping your chest about how awesome you are then it takes some of the shine off of the whole structure of clan challenges.

But it doesn't directly affect me, so there you have it. Carry on.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 16:33
    My primary reason for suggesting this is to stop the bickering in other forums about what constitutes [b]accepting a lopsided challenge and what constitutes engineering lopsided challenges. It appears to me that some of the complaints have merit and the responses I'm seeing pretty much boil down to 'other clans do it, so we have to in order to keep ...[text shortened]... of clan challenges.

But it doesn't directly affect me, so there you have it. Carry on.[/b]
    Being a Clan Leader is most likely not an easy task to begin with. I just play the games I am given and let my Clan Leaders concern themselves about getting the games. I am just a small pawn in a group of 20.

I was just saying, it probably evens itself out at the end of the day. The goading is a clan thing, that has been going on long since before I was here. A challenge has to be ok'd by both Clan Leaders. Just the way it has always been. If the fight isn't going to be a fair one, then isn't it up to that Clan Leader to just say NO?
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 17:491 edit
    My primary reason for suggesting this is to stop the bickering in other forums about what constitutes [b]accepting a lopsided challenge and what constitutes engineering lopsided challenges. It appears to me that some of the complaints have merit and the responses I'm seeing pretty much boil down to 'other clans do it, so we have to in order to keep of clan challenges.

But it doesn't directly affect me, so there you have it. Carry on.[/b]
    Better analogy: The current system is like a heavyweight boxer from the local gym claiming to be 'heavyweight champion of the world' because he wins the most fights there.

When asked to prove himself against the likes of Evander Holyfield, Lennox Lewis, Vitali Klitschko, etc., he says, "Oh, no, can't defend my title, that wouldn't be a fair challenge." 😛:🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree