1. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 20:53
    Thanks, guys, for the explanations. I do get that the back and forth is (for the most part) good-natured ribbing. Personally, I've never been one to talk trash and I don't care much for it when others do.

I wouldn't care to be a clan leader. I don't have the patience for it and I'm very grateful for the clan leaders I'm honored to play for, and by extension, all the clan leaders on RHP, the time they take to set up the challenges, and what they have to put with from clan members and other clans.

When I joined my first clan, the games I played for the clan felt different somehow. More exciting in a way because I was playing for something bigger than myself. I know that's silly and it's still just a game, but it's easy (for me at least) to get emotionally invested in it and want to do my best for the common cause. Leagues are coming up soon and although I'll likely get creamed going up against the best of the best, it's something I very much enjoy even though for every good moment, there's at least one bad moment. All part of the experience and how we deal with our failures is every bit as important to our characters as how we deal with our successes.

Something happened to me this week that kind of took me aback. One of my clan mates PM'd me. He and I happened to be in a two-man challenge together and as it so happens, we swept the other clan. He told me that he'd been watching my games and took inspiration from my play to take on his own games. He dug deep and found a way to prevail because he didn't want to let me down. Have to admit, I got a little choked up at that. I guess you never know who's watching you and taking your example to heart, for good or for bad. I know that makes me sound like a sentimental sap, but there you go...

All the best,
    Steve

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree