1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 14:22
    If the Rec Count comes back as has been rumoured, there should be separate line for recs by clan members to distinguish between legitimate ones and brown nosers.

IE,

Non-Clan Recs 84....................Clan Recs 643
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 14:28
    Originally posted by uzless
    If the Rec Count comes back as has been rumoured, there should be separate line for recs by clan members to distinguish between legitimate ones and brown nosers.

IE,

PM me for tips on making friends.

P-
  3. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 18:53
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    PM me for tips on making friends.

P-
    making friends? Who would go on an internet chess site to make friends???

Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to insult you
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 20:00

IE,

Why stop at Clan members, there are clubs as well.

Potential clan membership recs would be limited to 76.

However as you can join as many clubs as you want you are leaving brown-nosing open to massive heights.

RHP International Club has 319 members meaning a potential 318 brown nose recs.
  5. The sky
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 22:00
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Why stop at Clan members, there are clubs as well.

Potential clan membership recs would be limited to 76.
    We should also check out if people know each other in real life, or if they have exchanged PMs or ingame messages. Obviously any rec given to someone you know cannot possibly have been given for content.
  6. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 23:40
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    We should also check out if people know each other in real life, or if they have exchanged PMs or ingame messages. Obviously any rec given to someone you know cannot possibly have been given for content.
    attaboy...take a simple concept and extend it beyond any sense of realism.

I was here when the rec count was being used and clan/club members would just rec each others idiotic posts of "i agree" or "you are dumb".

Idiot reccing like that was one of the reasons it was eliminated.

I SEE NO REASON FOR ANYONE TO OPPOSE THIS SEPARATION OF RECS OTHER THAN YOU ARE SIMPLY TRYING TO HAVE YOUR REC COUNT NOT SHOW HOW MANY OF YOUR BUDDIES ARE RECCING YOU.

For shame....
  7. The sky
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 00:241 edit
    attaboy...take a simple concept and extend it beyond any sense of realism.

I was here when the rec count was being used and clan/club members would just rec each others idiotic posts of "i agree" or "you are dumb".

Idiot reccing like that was one of the reasons it was eliminated.

I SEE NO REASON FOR ANYONE TO OPPOSE THIS SEPARATION OF RECS OTHE ...[text shortened]... G TO HAVE YOUR REC COUNT NOT SHOW HOW MANY OF YOUR BUDDIES ARE RECCING YOU.

For shame....
    Yes, I know "clan reccing" has happened (both before and after the rec count was dumped). But I don't think that the majority of recs given by someone's clan members are any different from any other recs*, and therefore I don't see why they should be treated differently. When I see a post I like, I don't check whether the poster is in one of my clans before I rec it. I am interested in the content, not who posts it. Now that's why I don't like the idea of a rec count at all - in my opinion it diverts the focus from the content to the person. But your "solution" doesn't solve this problem, it just adds an additional focus on clans as cliques, which most of the times doesn't have anything to do with reality.

*: Plus other recs can be brownnosing as well - we have had several clear examples of that as well.

Edit: Also, you apparently equate "fellow clan member" with "buddy". People join clans for many reasons, and most aren't "buddy-based". There are many people in my clans whom I barely know (if at all); sometimes I don't even know they are in one of my clans. And people can be buddies without sharing a clan (a lot of people aren't in clans at all).
  8. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 14:16
    Yes, I know "clan reccing" has happened (both before and after the rec count was dumped). But I don't think that the majority of recs given by someone's clan members are any different from any other recs*, and therefore I don't see why they should be treated differently. When I see a post I like, I don't check whether the poster is in one of my clans before ...[text shortened]... be buddies without sharing a clan (a lot of people aren't in clans at all).
    You still haven't explained why separating the recs is somehow misleading. It's not. It's just factual.
  9. The sky
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 14:23
    You still haven't explained why separating the recs is somehow misleading. It's not. It's just factual.
    It gives the impression that it somehow means something. What's more, you specifically said what you think it means - "to distinguish between legitimate ones and brown nosers". That's rubbish, and I have explained why.
  10. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 19:28
    It gives the impression that it somehow means something. What's more, you specifically said what you think it means - "to distinguish between legitimate ones and brown nosers". That's rubbish, and I have explained why.
    rubbish? It sure would have explained how Red Night got so many recs.

"2000 recs for this guy??" Ahh, 1800 recs from his clan mates..ok i understand"

Not sure why this is a problem for anyone that isn't getting brownnoser or buddy recs but you've stated your opposition. Ok fine. No reason to restate your reasons.
  11. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 19:391 edit

Not sure why this is a problem for anyone that isn't getting brownnoser or buddy recs but you've stated your opposition. Ok fine. No reason to restate your reasons.
    I never had that many wrecks. Certainly nowhere near 2000.

My clan did not participate in the idiotic practice of gang-wrecking each other's posts.

I opposed the wreck system and regularly discouraged people from giving me the offensive things.

I had the most wrecks of anyone after the reset. That was because Starrmann and some other PFC members attempted to discredit me by giving me all of their wrecks.

The top wreck getters on the site prior to the reset included the following:

Bowman
    Xanthos
    Darvlay
    Phlabibit
    Moldy Crowh
    RHB
    ringtailhunter
    HoH
    RBmoriis
    Nordlys
    Starrmann
    Rignorant

Hmmmm....?

What do these people have in common (excluding bowmannn)
  12. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 19:421 edit

Also what happens when you leave a clan and former clan mates still rec you, and what happens if you rejoin 6 months later?

Do we need further options?

Legitimate recs

Brown nose clan recs

Brown nose former clanmate recs

Brown nose clan recs which were formerly known as brown nose former clanmates recs

Who gives a flying eff who recced the post recs

😕
  13. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 20:15
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Also what happens when you leave a clan and former clan mates still rec you, and what happens if you rejoin 6 months later?

Do we need further options?

Legitimate recs

Brown nose clan recs

Brown nose former clanmate recs

Brown nose clan recs which were formerly known as brown nose former clanmates recs

Who gives a flying eff who recced the post recs

😕
    It would be simple....clan recs accumulate only if that person is in the same clan as you at the time they rec you...the recs don't change after that.

Simple line of computer code can do that. No big deal.

Way to pull a Nordly's and go beyond the realm of reality just because you don't like an idea.
  14. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 20:16
    Originally posted by Red Night

My clan did not participate in the idiotic practice of gang-wrecking each other's posts.

I opposed the wreck system and regularly discouraged people from giving me the offensive things.

I had the most wrecks of anyone after the reset. That was because Starrmann and some other PFC member ...[text shortened]...
    Starrmann
    Rignorant

Hmmmm....?

hehe, sorry red night...was just pulling someones name out of a hat. Next time i'll use darvy's.
  15. Playing with matches
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 20:19
    Originally posted by Red Night

I had the most wrecks of anyone after the reset. That was because Starrmann and some other PFC member ...[text shortened]...
    Starrmann
    Rignorant

Hmmmm....?

That's right, I rule the rec system bitches!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree