1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 18:47
    Would it be possible to allow Clan members to set what time controls they are prepared to play, ie 'i am available for 7 day games, but i don't want any 3 or 1 day games...'. There are a number of clans now that prefer 1 day matches. I have no problem accepting such time controls but it's difficult to know if the people involved in the challenge will be ok receiving a 1 day game. Currently the only way to find out is to pm everyone. Would it be possible to give clan members some sort of filter so that their captain and any challenging clans captain can easily see which players are ok with recieving games with very short time controls?

For example, a clan captain is in the process of challenging another clan. He set's the time control to 1 day and the site removes the players who have turned off 1 day games in their settings...
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 19:27
    i'd love something like this.

3/7 games are ok but sometimes i just don't want time controls that low.
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 23:20
    Originally posted by trev33
    i'd love something like this.

3/7 games are ok but sometimes i just don't want time controls that low.
    No i think it would have to be a binding selection. This doesn't give the clan leader the information they need. "Ok, sometimes this player likes 3/7 and sometimes he doesn't....which one is it at the moment?" The settings would be the responsibility of the player in question to maintain in exactly the same way they remove themselves from being available for challenges...
  4. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 00:19
    In fact, it would be quite simple. Each player get's to set a minimum and maximum Time control. 1/7 to 14/7 for example... 😛
  5. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 00:24
    That would make setting up a clan challenge nearly impossible at times.
  6. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 00:351 edit
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    That would make setting up a clan challenge nearly impossible at times.
    Not at all! It would mean that people who like playing 1 day games could get more enjoyment out of the clan system. I know a heap of players who quit playing clan games because the time controls are too long.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree