1. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    14 Oct '07 01:13
    Clans

Availability Players should have the ability to choose whether or not they are available for challenges for each individual clan.

Maximum number of clan games Clan members should have the ability to enter a maximum number of clan games they wish to partake in for each clan. The leader should be able to see this limit and have the ability to override it.
  2. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '07 01:303 edits
    Can we get a mod to close this thread and redirect it to this one? Thread 75123
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Oct '07 07:46
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    Can we get a mod to close this thread and redirect it to this one? Thread 75123
    That thread has a number of good suggestions in it, but it's already been directed to Russ's attention and therefore should be closed to new ideas.

Here's some new suggestions for this thread: Thread 78846

Allow clan members a "clan profile" where they can place their real game preferences, for example: no games if my total in progress above a certain number; no games with ratings below or above a certain number.

Increase the permitted number of members to, say, 40 or 50. Could make private forums more active and allow inhouse tournaments.

Introduce a minimum permitted number of members, say 4. Existing small clans could have a phase-out period to allow amalgamation, along with any accumulated points. Could then allow some comparison between clans.

Rework the clan pages which appear to have developed on an ad-hoc basis and don't currently give much information. For example, a "clan browser" would be useful.

Criticism / support / comments?
  4. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '07 11:32
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    That thread has a number of good suggestions in it, but it's already been directed to Russ's attention and therefore should be closed to new ideas.

Here's some new suggestions for this thread: Thread 78846

Allow clan members a "clan profile" where they can place their real game preferences, for example: no games if my total in progre ...[text shortened]... tion. For example, a "clan browser" would be useful.

Criticism / support / comments?
    1. Nice, a link to this thread.

2. I kinda like that, or the bookmarks could take care of that, but that takes too long.

3. This one I don't like. If there were 40-50 members, that would be too many to control and people would have too many games in progress, assuming they join other clans.

4. I really don't like this idea. If the minimum number of clan members is 4, people won't be able to leave the clan if they wanted to

5. Good idea.
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Oct '07 13:35
    Comments on Dutch's post:

1. Just to distinguish the closed thread from the open one - made it a link because the other one was.

3. Higher number of members entirely optional, if people could turn off their clan challenge flags separately for each clan they would be able to keep their clan game numbers manageable.

4. People could still leave the clan, it would be up to clan leaders to recruit or amalgamate with other clans. There would need to be a time-lag in the same way as for people who cancel their subscriptions.

New stuff:

If anyone has any other ideas relating to the subject of clans, could they please put them up for discussion / argument / whatever ? 🙂
  6. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 15:09
    Originally posted by Drew L
    [b]Clans

Availability Players should have the ability to choose whether or not they are available for challenges for each individual clan.

Maximum number of clan games Clan members should have the ability to enter a maximum number of clan games they wish to partake in for each clan. The leader should be able to see this limit and have the ability to override it.[/b]
    I second Drew L.'s suggestions. Except for "The leader should be able to see this limit and have the ability to override it". I'd actually prefer the leader *not* be able to override the setting, but I'm kind of a control freak that way...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree