1. Here
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 19:27
    The present system does not work and should be changed

I propose the following 1 point for every game won in a challenge and no deductions

Under the present system a 5 man challenge could finish
    Clan A 5.5 Can B 4.5
    Clan A gets 10 points and Clan B gets -10 points
    A difference of 20 points yet there was only 1 point between them

My way Clan A would get 5 points Clan B would get 4 points
    Also to encourage larger clan challenges there should be a bonus point for every 2 games won
    So Clan A would get 7 points and Clan B would get 6 points
    I wouldn't do away with 1 man challenges just make them less attractive
    Also there are some clans with only 1 player in them

Just to emphasize the point I was in a 5 man challenge recently that finished
    Clan A 5 wins and 2 draws Clan B 3 wins and 2 draws
    Clan a got 10 points Clan B got -10 points
    My way Clan A would have 7 points Clan B would have 4 points
  2. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 06:14
    IVV support this... 😀
  3. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 09:122 edits
    Originally posted by widget
    IVV support this... 😀
    IVV would support anything that they thought would benefit themselves in some way. As under the present clan system they could never be competetive they're always whining away to change things, then when they're changed and they still don't win, they whine away again. The above system would signal the collapse of competetiveness in the clan system. Tere would simply be no real incentive to win a tie. A much more fairer and competative format would be

1. In a clan tie, 2 points are awarded for each individual win, 0 points for a loss

2. -1 points awarded for a draw to each team. The reason for the negative 1 point is to discourage players for just offering draws half way though the game. The game will be played until there is a checkmate, a resignation, or if there is no other choice then a draw

3. The team that wins the challenge is awarded double the points that they have won in individul games whilst the loser recieves only the points they have won. In the event of a draw each team recieves only their points accrued from individual wins each.

For example in a challenge of say five players each, clan A wins 6 games, team B wins 3 games and there is 1 draw. Clan A would recieve 22 points (12 points for 6 wins less 1 point for the draw times 2 for winning the tie) and team B would recieve 5 points (6 points for 3 wins less 1 point for the draw). The overall points awarded in this draw would be team A 22 points, team B 5 points

Probably a bit beyond your comprehension ability widget but most everyone else will understand it.

This system would make for a more competetive clan system nullifing one man challenges and still rewarding teams who lose the tie if their team has played well.
  4. Here
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 10:11
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    IVV would support anything that they thought would benefit themselves in some way. As under the present clan system they could never be competetive they're always whining away to change things, then when they're changed and they still don't win, they whine away again. The above system would signal the collapse of competetiveness in the clan system. Ter ...[text shortened]... one man challenges and still rewarding teams who lose the tie if their team has played well.
    I can see some of your points
    I do not see the point of doubling the winning clan score
    Double points on each game for the winning team is a good idea

I am not in favour of having negative points and wish that all of the negative points that have been awarded so far this year were taken away
  5. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 11:24
    Originally posted by padger

I am not in favour of having negative points and wish that all of the negative points that have been awarded so far this year were taken away
    There has to be some incentive to win a clan challenge other than only gaining a small advantage from the opposing team. This system would work just the same with 1 point for a win and 0 points for a loss, with the winning clan doubling their points etc. The negative point for the draw is to stop the practice of offering draws mid game. As you can see there is one team that has had as many drawn clan challenges as it has had wins. There must be an added incentive to win a clan challenge and not just accumulate points by drawing them, which can open the door to manipulation. I don't think it will matter how the clan challenge scoring system is changed, teams like IVV and The Simpsons will whine and complain as they always do
  6. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 12:49
    The present system does not work and should be changed

I propose the following 1 point for every game won in a challenge and no deductions

Under the present system a 5 man challenge could finish
    Clan A 5.5 Can B 4.5
    Clan A gets 10 points and Clan B gets -10 points
    A difference of 20 points yet there was only 1 point between them

My way Clan A wou ...[text shortened]... 10 points Clan B got -10 points
    My way Clan A would have 7 points Clan B would have 4 points
    The Simpsons support padgers proposal too It makes more sense than the existing system
  7. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 13:14
    Originally posted by drdon
    The Simpsons support padgers proposal too It makes more sense than the existing system
    Well as your bore the clan forum to tears it's not suprising that you would support such a boring clan challenge points system.

Have a nice day !!!
  8. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 14:002 edits
    Well as your bore the clan forum to tears it's not suprising that you would support such a boring clan challenge points system.

Have a nice day !!!
    Why would the proposed points system be any more boring than the current one Could it be that you find trying to work out a rationale for the current system exciting? If there is a rationale for it, would you mind spelling it out rather than launching straight into personal attacks please? Not sure what you meant by" Well as your bore" .....something to do with water supply in arid regions?
  9. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 19:16

Negative points are superfluous. Rather than doubling the points for the winning team, why not simply award a bonus point? Doubling seems excessive. 1 point for each game won, 0 for each draw and 1 bonus point for winning the challenge. Is my preference. The more convoluted the points system becomes, the more difficult it becomes to detect abuses and removed from common sense. Any new system must be kept simple.
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 21:21

Have a nice day !!!
    This rubbish post doesn't belong in Site Ideas, it should be in the Clans forum. Site Ideas is for intelligent discussion.
  11. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 21:50
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    This rubbish post doesn't belong in Site Ideas, it should be in the Clans forum. Site Ideas is for intelligent discussion.
    Yes, Let's please keep the garbage that happens in other forums out of here. if anybody wants to heap abuse on me for whatever reason, please do it in the forums that are intended for taunting and goading so that the sensible discussions re site ideas are not clouded.
  12. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 23:47
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Well what are you doing in here.
  13. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 02:23
    Well what are you doing in here.
    Offering an opinion as I am entitled to do and offer support for the proposals, as a clan leader, as Ismy duty. This is a discussion forum after all.
  14. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 02:31
    Originally posted by drdon
    Offering an opinion as I am entitled to do and offer support for the proposals, as a clan leader, as Ismy duty. This is a discussion forum after all.
    If you put your glasses on and look closely you'll see I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to some other rude individual who has offered nothing to the current discussion. Your imput is appreciated in this instance even if it supports destroying the clan system. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
  15. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 02:441 edit
    If you put your glasses on and look closely you'll see I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to some other rude individual who has offered nothing to the current discussion. Your imput is appreciated in this instance even if it supports destroying the clan system. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    Please avoid ambigous pronouns. I have never known Keewpie to be nasty, rude or anything other than constructive please try to be constructive too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree