1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 02:201 edit
    HOLD IT!! Hills, yeh... that gives me an idea.

Clan pyramid sieges

One Clan at the top, a constantly rotating tournament! Picture a pyramid, level 1 at the bottom, level 4 at the top...

eg...

Level 1 - "Challengers base camp" - 16 Clans

16 Clans exist on this level. They split into pairs and play off in a challenge agreed by the two leaders (number of players is set by the Pyramid rules). The winners go up to level 2, the losers drop out and re-join the cue if they choose.

Level 2 - "Best of the rest" - 8 Clans
    Same again, winners advance to level 3, losers drop back to Level 1...

Level 3 - "Candidates" - 4 Clans
    All play all, one round tournament to decide who plays the champions. The victors progress, while the three remaining make way for the 4 winners of level 2.

Level 4 - "King of the Hill - 2 Clans"
    The over all winner of the Candidates level plays the defending Champion for the Crown of "King of the Hill". Each Clan must make one Defense of this hill to receive a Crown in their Clan page linked to their Hill, with a highest total defenses stat next to it.

The only other thing is how are they organised?

Two criteria here i think.
    1. Timeout/Timebank
    2. Number of players involved in challenge.

Pyramid 1a: T/O 1/7 - 2 Players per challenge
    Pyramid 1b: T/O 1/7 - 4 Players per challenge
    Pyramid 1c: T/O 1/7 - 6 Players per challenge

Pyramid 1a: T/O 3/7 - 2 Players per challenge
    Pyramid 1b: T/O 3/7 - 4 Players per challenge
    Pyramid 1c: T/O 3/7 - 6 Players per challenge

Pyramid 1a: T/O 7/7 - 2 Players per challenge
    Pyramid 1b: T/O 7/7 - 4 Players per challenge
    Pyramid 1c: T/O 7/7 - 6 Players per challenge

Maybe 16 Clans is too many at the start at the bottom. Perhaps 3 levels are enough. Clans would have to be VERY consistent to reach the top of the pyramid.

One further rule would have to be that any match up must be the fairest possible. They are agreed among the Captains so a certain amount of sportsmanship is required. If anyone has any idea's on how to ensure fair match ups....?
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 08:04
    Sounds good.

We need something new since the clan leagues have died down a bit.
  3. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 12:282 edits
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    Level 2 - "Best of the rest" - 8 Clans
    Same again, winners advance to level 3, losers drop back to Level 1...

Level 3 - "Candidates" - 4 Clans
    All play all, one round tournament to decide who plays the champions. The victors progress, while the three remaining make way for the 4 winners of level 2.

Level 4 - "King of the Hil ...[text shortened]... th a highest total defenses stat next to it.

The only other thing is how are they organised?
    I don't have lots of time to work this out, but I see a problem from level 2 - 3 - 4 with an extra team being left in the pyramid.

4 up from level 2
    1 up from level 3
    3 down from level 3
    1 down from level 4

= 5 at level 3.

Unless you propose either the winner / loser at level 4 is eliminated from the pyramid completely to free up the space required.

Apologies if I misread this - like I say I've not got the time to sit and work it out today but the thought is fresh so wanted to write it out.

Andy

P.s. Nice idea though 🙂
  4. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 17:40
    Originally posted by rhb
    I don't have lots of time to work this out, but I see a problem from level 2 - 3 - 4 with an extra team being left in the pyramid.

4 up from level 2
    1 up from level 3
    3 down from level 3
    1 down from level 4

= 5 at level 3.

Unless you propose either the winner / loser at level 4 is eliminated from the pyramid completely to free up the space required. ...[text shortened]... ut today but the thought is fresh so wanted to write it out.

Andy

P.s. Nice idea though 🙂
    Yes, it wasn't clear was it. This is what is how it should read...

Level 4 - 16 team knockout. 8 Progress (none come down, it's knockout all the way!)

Level 3 - 8 Teams. 4 progress (again, none come down, they are eliminated.

Level 2 - 4 Teams in an ALL Play ALL knockout. Winner plays the Champions.

There is one thing though. If Clans pull out after a particular stage (say they get to stage 3 and drop out) then they need to be replaced in some way. Either the extra clan should be taken from the elimination of the stage above, or something else. Any thoughts?
  5. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 19:311 edit
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    Yes, it wasn't clear was it. This is what is how it should read...

Level 4 - 16 team knockout. 8 Progress (none come down, it's knockout all the way!)

Level 3 - 8 Teams. 4 progress (again, none come down, they are eliminated.

Level 2 - 4 Teams in an ALL Play ALL knockout. Winner plays the Champions.

There is one thing though. If Clans pul ...[text shortened]... a clan should be taken from the elimination of the stage above, or something else. Any thoughts?
    That's better 🙂

If a clan drops out their opponent should be awarded a bye (walkover).

That's the simplest way of dealing with that situation (and also consistent with the outcome of existing duel tournament matches).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree