1. Joined
    16 Sep '03
    Moves
    03 Jan '05 18:36
    Clan leagues are great, but there's flagging interest in regular clan play. One person commented that there's too much emphasis on quantity in the clan scoring system. It does make it very difficult to have much movement in the Clan tables, or for a new clan to ever get anywhere.

I would suggest (not as a replacement, but as an additional scoring column) a net-score, where a loss actually deducts points from your total. More complicated things, involving rating calculations to score the difficulty of a given matchup, are probably out of the realm of reasonable, but this at least would give the tables a little more dynamic quality, and less favor towards high quantity of play.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Jan '05 18:48
    Originally posted by oldshaghat
    Clan leagues are great, but there's flagging interest in regular clan play. One person commented that there's too much emphasis on quantity in the clan scoring system. It does make it very difficult to have much movement in the Clan tables, or for a new clan to ever get anywhere.

I would suggest (not as a replacement, but as an additional scoring co ...[text shortened]... uld give the tables a little more dynamic quality, and less favor towards high quantity of play.
    I think there are very few who like the way clan scores worked out... outside of the nuts who enjoy playing 50 games each for the clans.

Your idea is a good one, I've often wished the clan scores didn't count draws and didn't give you 20 points for a 20 man match you only won 8 of.

I don't think there will be any changes made, but if there are... your idea is a good one.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree