1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 19:57
    Would it be possible to implement Clan sieges? I've sort of asked this before but this time i have a slightly different idea....

Categories:

20 Man Sieges
    15 Man sieges
    10 Man sieges
    5 Man sieges.

You click a link through to a category then choose the time control...

1/14
    3/7
    7/14 etc...

I don't think giving Clan points for wins would be appropriate as a clans Net points would be adversely affected due to inevitable miss matches.

This would give Clans a little more incentive to draw in new members so they can contest the larger sieges. I think this would work really well as the whole Clan can be involved in something. If you think about it, a siege generally involves large opposing forces, why not here?? 😀
  2. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 20:23
    I like this idea - rec'd

I also like the idea of allowing clans a private siege board for intra-clan use only. My clan already implements this idea, but via the private forum. Our resident guru, Dsarge30 is holding the siege and playing as black, and inviting us to challenge him. We are using it as an opportunity for advice and learning. It would be great if this was to be supported by the site, so that other clan members can view the siege and the queue graphically, just as in the menu for open siege games...
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 20:46
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Would it be possible to implement Clan sieges? I've sort of asked this before but this time i have a slightly different idea....

Categories:

20 Man Sieges
    15 Man sieges
    10 Man sieges
    5 Man sieges.

You click a link through to a category then choose the time control...

1/14
    3/7
    7/14 etc...

I don't think giving Clan points for wins would ...[text shortened]... ng. If you think about it, a siege generally involves large opposing forces, why not here?? 😀
    Oh yeh, Clan members availablity would need to be sorted out. Perhaps players would need a new Clan setting, something like 'available for sieges'. This way the captain would be able to enter the Clan into a siege without having to message everyone who has already expressed a desire to play in Clan sieges. If a Clan drops below 20 members but is holding a siege board, they are given a set amount of time to get the members they need or they are automatically dropped from the board in place of the next Clan in line...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree