Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. 11 Dec '04 06:36
    Why not make flags clickable, so you can read (in words) from which country a player comes from (instead of looking it up in an encyclopedia)?
  2. Standard member GalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    11 Dec '04 06:58
    Just look at the flag index and it'll put the flag to the country. Just go to help and click on Tournaments of w/e then on the left there'll be a box and it'll have more options and you'll find the flag index there. Josh
  3. Standard member mrmist
    Moo
    11 Dec '04 10:57
    I still think that they should have ALT or title tags really, so that the country name floats around the graphic. yarrr.
  4. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    11 Dec '04 17:16
    Originally posted by mrmist
    I still think that they should have ALT or title tags really, so that the country name floats around the graphic. yarrr.
    TITLE, not ALT!
    th
  5. 13 Dec '04 02:32
    Loads of posts about this in various threads.

General consensus seems to be that we'd all like to be able to hover the cursor over the flag and have a little yellow text box appear with the country name. Don't know what the technical term for that is.

Also don't know if Russ etc have any plans to do this - probably not top of their list of priorities, I imagine, given that we're just being lazy in disliking having to go to the Flag Index.

chessworld.net has exactly this feature, by the way. Not that the site as a whole is remotely as good as TFC/RHP of course.
  6. Standard member ohfreak
    El Freak0
    13 Dec '04 03:29 / 1 edit
    Yah... Chessworld.net appears at points to be programmed by a collective of 3rd graders. Or maybe advanced chimpz.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

In that vein, anyone have an idea who has faced off against the largest # of folks from different countries? Would be k00/ to be able to check off each one as you play.

Man is THAT useless.
  7. Standard member Danger Mouse
    Super Hero!
    18 Dec '04 19:20
    Originally posted by MisterFrog
    Why not make flags clickable, so you can read (in words) from which country a player comes from (instead of looking it up in an encyclopedia)?
    This is a great idea - although the flag index is useful it is still a pain to remember what the flag looks like and then search for it.
    Rec from me.