1. Joined
    07 Dec '04
    Moves
    11 Dec '04 06:36
    Why not make flags clickable, so you can read (in words) from which country a player comes from (instead of looking it up in an encyclopedia)?
  2. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    11 Dec '04 06:58
    Just look at the flag index and it'll put the flag to the country. Just go to help and click on Tournaments of w/e then on the left there'll be a box and it'll have more options and you'll find the flag index there. Josh
  3. UK
    Moves
    11 Dec '04 10:57
    I still think that they should have ALT or title tags really, so that the country name floats around the graphic. yarrr.
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    11 Dec '04 17:16
    Originally posted by mrmist
    I still think that they should have ALT or title tags really, so that the country name floats around the graphic. yarrr.
    TITLE, not ALT! 😉
    th
  5. Hoagy's Alley
    Moves
    13 Dec '04 02:32
    Loads of posts about this in various threads.

General consensus seems to be that we'd all like to be able to hover the cursor over the flag and have a little yellow text box appear with the country name. Don't know what the technical term for that is.

Also don't know if Russ etc have any plans to do this - probably not top of their list of priorities, I imagine, given that we're just being lazy in disliking having to go to the Flag Index.

chessworld.net has exactly this feature, by the way. Not that the site as a whole is remotely as good as TFC/RHP of course.
  6. Standard memberohfreak
    El Freak0
    NW GD Ohio
    Moves
    13 Dec '04 03:291 edit
    Yah... Chessworld.net appears at points to be programmed by a collective of 3rd graders. Or maybe advanced chimpz.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

In that vein, anyone have an idea who has faced off against the largest # of folks from different countries? Would be k00/ to be able to check off each one as you play.

Man is THAT useless.
  7. Standard memberDanger Mouse
    Super Hero!
    Moves
    18 Dec '04 19:20
    Originally posted by MisterFrog
    Why not make flags clickable, so you can read (in words) from which country a player comes from (instead of looking it up in an encyclopedia)?
    This is a great idea - although the flag index is useful it is still a pain to remember what the flag looks like and then search for it.
    Rec from me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree