1. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '09 00:51
    the clubs are a good idea ( i joined bates hotel ) but may i suggest that the forum requirement of needing 20 to have a forum be dropped to 5 ( this would be like the clan forums ) and maybe the game number should be 20 instead of 50 ?. what do you think of these ideas.
  2. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    01 Feb '09 01:57
    I'm not actually adverse to either of these suggestions. I do like it when I get a new clan game or whatever and it counts in a club as well.

However, as you lower the number of members needed for active ratings you also lower the chances that any new game will be against a fellow club member so I'm not sure if it will make much difference.

As to forums, I have a few with many more members which are still inactive and I wonder if they would really be used at all with such a little pool.

That said, I see Miss O's in, so just in case Russ is listening I'll see if Greenpawn will accept me 😉
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Feb '09 02:49
    Originally posted by Lukerik
    I'm not actually adverse to either of these suggestions. I do like it when I get a new clan game or whatever and it counts in a club as well.

However, as you lower the number of members needed for active ratings you also lower the chances that any new game will be against a fellow club member so I'm not sure if it will make much difference.

As to fo ...[text shortened]... I see Miss O's in, so just in case Russ is listening I'll see if Greenpawn will accept me 😉
    G'day Luke - are you following me around?

Clubs need their forums most when they're small, it helps the members get to know each other and decide if the mix is right for them. They also need to get their gameboards sooner. If the giant clubs don't use their forums much does it really matter either way?

At this time of day Russ should be asleep, unless he's doing an overseas junket ...
  4. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    01 Feb '09 04:12
    Yes, I'm stalking you, but don't worry, GP declined me membership. As he explained though, the purpose of the club is to help members improve and apparently, I'm just too good. I get that a lot 😛

I regularly enjoy losing embarrassingly to 1200 rated opponents so hopefully some of Greenpawn's tutelage will rub off on me next time we play.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 15:531 edit
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    the clubs are a good idea ( i joined bates hotel ) but may i suggest that the forum requirement of needing 20 to have a forum be dropped to 5 ( this would be like the clan forums ) and maybe the game number should be 20 instead of 50 ?. what do you think of these ideas.
    Forums are now available when there are 5 members, reduced from 20.

The number of members before club games become rated remains the same for now, but if people would really like to rated club games at less than 50 people, I can make this happen. I don't want this number to be too low due to the resources needed to score and store each game that could be rated over a number of clubs, even if the clubs have long since been abandoned. A club with a high number of members is likely to live on in some form.
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 19:221 edit
    Thanks for the prompt response Russ. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree