1. Joined
    04 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Jul '06 05:181 edit
    Although I'm only provisional for about another 5 minutes (I hope if the guy doesn't log out lol), I kind of feel guilty, because I'm part of a local club, where I live and I play chess often. I kind of feel, that there should be an option in a players profiles where they can choose.

To display if they belong to a club or not. I kind of feel guilty because I know some players, here are looking for a casual game, where I use it to practice. Then again I also see the potential problem that players will see this mark/badge and assume the person is a strong player, which may not be the case.

So to over come that. Make it avalible if the Person has a ECF Grade (England Chess Federation) or Fidia, or ACF (America Chess Federation) anything like that we can post it, also what club they belong to. It be up to the the person's discreation to give this information or not but least it's there.

I.e my Grading in the ECF is currently 64 which is about 1920 in the Elo grading system. I don't want to put that in my description cause I don't want to scare people off.

Then again, You can't be nice in chess, not if you want to win that is. You have to be as cruel and evil as you can be lol Any way. I feel that be a good adddition to our profiles.
  2. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    09 Jul '06 10:21
    Originally posted by Archrival
    Although I'm only provisional for about another 5 minutes (I hope if the guy doesn't log out lol), I kind of feel guilty, because I'm part of a local club, where I live and I play chess often. I kind of feel, that there should be an option in a players profiles where they can choose.

To display if they belong to a club or not. I kind of feel guilty be ...[text shortened]... el and evil as you can be lol Any way. I feel that be a good adddition to our profiles.
    Why don't you just put this information in your profile? Eg:-

"I play for 'X' Club in the 'Y' League and have a ECF grade of 164 (which is about 1920 Elo)."
  3. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    09 Jul '06 10:321 edit
    I agree put it in your profile you wont scare players off you will attract the stronger ones then.
  4. Joined
    04 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Jul '06 16:35
    Ok, I will do that,
  5. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '06 15:57
    If your BCF grade is around 60, then that's about 1500-1600 FIDE.

Which is good, but unlikely to scare the horses.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree