Cna yuo raed tihs? am i serious?

Cna yuo raed tihs? am i serious?

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
08 Jun 06

just wanted to get your reaction 😛 anyone who posts this stuff again should have their membership revoked or freeloading privelidges revoked. Its as old as people asking for recs in private forums.

anyway, my "site idea" is that when a question or idea is raised time and time again and starts getting on everyones nerves, perhaps it should be added to the FAQ. It seems that all new members and new freeloaders ask the same questions and raise the same ideas, some of which are in the FAQ and some which are not.

I'm not sure how often the FAQ is updated, maybe this is a stupid idea or maybe its not.

Data Warehouser

Back in the UK!

Moves
08 Jun 06

A lot of the problem is that a lot of people dont read the FAQ, and the more you put in there the less likely they are to do so.

People just come in here and ask because its easier than trawling through pages of stuff to find what you want.

M

DS

Moves
08 Jun 06

Originally posted by PocketKings
...anyone who posts this stuff again should have their membership revoked or freeloading privelidges revoked.

It seems that all new members and new freeloaders ask the same questions and raise the same ideas, some of which are in the FAQ and some which are not.
Good idea.
Almost as good as explaining in the faqs how a freeloader [scumbag] can play on this site without being a member.

G

B is for bye bye

Moves
09 Jun 06

Segmenting the FAQ into sections might make it more frequently read, isntead of one long page. (Although it is currently a pretty easy read.)

N

The sky

Moves
09 Jun 06

Originally posted by noxidjkram
A lot of the problem is that a lot of people dont read the FAQ, and the more you put in there the less likely they are to do so.
I see an FAQ as a place to look up things when I need them, not something I necessarily need to read from A to Z the first time I visit a site. So length isn't really an issue in my opinion, as long as it's well organized. Of course many people won't read it no matter what, but that's a bad reason not to have it. I have been looking for answers there several times, and most times the answers weren't there, so I had to use trial and error, find the answers somewhere in the forums, or ask (which is only my last resort).