1. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 01:50
    at the bottom of the forum post box there is a long empty space next to words like "alert moderator"...so how about a yellow bar that slowly turns
    to red ( just like the stars for subscribers ) when you get a rec on a post and
    when you are de-rec'd the color tone changes back in the direction of bright
    yellow...just like the stars the incremental change, plus or minus, would be
    minute ( same programming as with the stars where it changes ever so slowly...so good recs have to be obtained and maintained to get to bright
    red and it would take a long time...ok..good idea...i will have my people call your people and after we do lunch you can greenlight it with russ..
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 05:28
    Your title is certainly true in the latter. I can't comment on the former.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 10:01
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    at the bottom of the forum post box there is a long empty space next to words like "alert moderator"...so how about a yellow bar that slowly turns
    to red ( just like the stars for subscribers ) when you get a rec on a post and
    when you are de-rec'd the color tone changes back in the direction of bright
    yellow...just like the stars the incremental change, ...[text shortened]... will have my people call your people and after we do lunch you can greenlight it with russ..
    The rec system has already been ruined - you are too late.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 13:06
    no..it is better as the old rec system has a numeric counter and for each
    visible point one might spam the forum...this one has an invisible counter
    that is very imperceptible..just like the color change on the subscription
    stars...much, much less incentive to just jam for a rec as you do not see
    any feedback for many weeks....also it has a negative counter...if you
    post stuff people don't like they un-rec you and you slowly turn back to
    yellow....see...it is time for a sitdown with don russ and make a deal...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree