why does gatecrasher have so few votes?
gatecrasher is a fairly highly rated player ... obviously has a great understanding of the game
gatecrasher regularly runs suspected cheats programs through engines to confirm or refute accusations in a very objective manner.
gatecrasher makes posts like this:
1) Best to wait until the Game Mods are functional.
2) Best not to comment on games in progress.
3) Best not to publically relay verbatim messages that were meant to be a private conversation.
4) Analysing above game shows white with approximately 50% engine compliance on unforced moves (which is moderate) and several moves that an engine would consider tactical blunders. Player appears to be human.
5) Black has 20% engine compliance, with many moves that an engine would see as tactical blunders. Player appeares to be sub-human (sorry, couldn't resist that!)
Seriously, black has played rather poorly, and if white were an engine, the game would already have ended. Of course, it does not rule out selective use of engine moves, but you would need much more than one game to build any convincing evidence on that score.
"I posted several analyses of RHP games on the following thread:
Fortunately, these were not deleted as part of the JW cleanup.
One of the analyses was of a tournament final between T21 and Cludi, both highly rated players. T21 won the game, and the tournement. The engine match was surprisingly low, with moves made by both player that the engine considered to be "blunders". This, at least, is some objective evidence that T21 is not a cheat.
And I have seen no credible evidence on these forums that suggests T21 is a cheat, only speculation and innuendo.
Everyone wants the same thing, a fair system that examines the evidence, and acts upon the evidence, and only the evidence.
The game mods will have to deal with many shades of grey. Very little will be black and white. So one has to take with a pinch of salt everything that is said, and not only believe those who shout loudest. "
i am very surprised.
i thought gatecrasher would be in the top two or three most voted for.