Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member flexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    08 Jan '05 23:50
    why does gatecrasher have so few votes?

    gatecrasher is a fairly highly rated player ... obviously has a great understanding of the game

    gatecrasher regularly runs suspected cheats programs through engines to confirm or refute accusations in a very objective manner.

    gatecrasher makes posts like this:
    "Mr Hill,

    1) Best to wait until the Game Mods are functional.

    2) Best not to comment on games in progress.

    3) Best not to publically relay verbatim messages that were meant to be a private conversation.

    4) Analysing above game shows white with approximately 50% engine compliance on unforced moves (which is moderate) and several moves that an engine would consider tactical blunders. Player appears to be human.

    5) Black has 20% engine compliance, with many moves that an engine would see as tactical blunders. Player appeares to be sub-human (sorry, couldn't resist that!)

    Seriously, black has played rather poorly, and if white were an engine, the game would already have ended. Of course, it does not rule out selective use of engine moves, but you would need much more than one game to build any convincing evidence on that score.

    "

    and

    "I posted several analyses of RHP games on the following thread:

    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=17093&page=5

    Fortunately, these were not deleted as part of the JW cleanup.

    One of the analyses was of a tournament final between T21 and Cludi, both highly rated players. T21 won the game, and the tournement. The engine match was surprisingly low, with moves made by both player that the engine considered to be "blunders". This, at least, is some objective evidence that T21 is not a cheat.

    And I have seen no credible evidence on these forums that suggests T21 is a cheat, only speculation and innuendo.

    Everyone wants the same thing, a fair system that examines the evidence, and acts upon the evidence, and only the evidence.

    The game mods will have to deal with many shades of grey. Very little will be black and white. So one has to take with a pinch of salt everything that is said, and not only believe those who shout loudest.
    "

    i am very surprised.
    i thought gatecrasher would be in the top two or three most voted for.
  2. Standard member Deepfault
    Devil's Advocate
    09 Jan '05 00:05
    Originally posted by flexmore
    why does gatecrasher have so few votes?

    gatecrasher is a fairly highly rated player ... obviously has a great understanding of the game

    gatecrasher regularly runs suspected cheats programs through engines to confirm or refute accusations in a very objective manner.

    gatecrasher makes posts like this:
    "[i]Mr Hill,

    1) Best to wait until the Gam ...[text shortened]...

    i am very surprised.
    i thought gatecrasher would be in the top two or three most voted for.
    Could this be my third vote?

    The mighty Teb, Greyeyes of justice and finally...

    The crasher of gates?

    bring forth the detractors....
  3. 09 Jan '05 00:31
    Originally posted by Deepfault
    Could this be my third vote?

    The mighty Teb, Greyeyes of justice and finally...

    The crasher of gates?

    bring forth the detractors....
    I voted for Gatecrasher :-)
  4. Standard member Nyxie
    The eyes of truth
    09 Jan '05 00:42
    Originally posted by Grayeyesofsorrow
    I voted for Gatecrasher :-)
    I just changed my third vote to gatecrasher. Please don't dissappear I've had to change my vote three times now because of people dissappearing. lol

  5. Standard member TRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    09 Jan '05 02:48
    Originally posted by flexmore
    why does gatecrasher have so few votes?

    gatecrasher is a fairly highly rated player ... obviously has a great understanding of the game

    gatecrasher regularly runs suspected cheats programs through engines to confirm or refute accusations in a very objective manner.

    gatecrasher makes posts like this:
    "[i]Mr Hill,

    1) Best to wait until the Gam ...[text shortened]...

    i am very surprised.
    i thought gatecrasher would be in the top two or three most voted for.
    Must admit I voted for greyeyes, tebb and gatecrasher. I would really like him on the mod team and find it sad he only has 19 votes so far. Hmmm, wish there was something I could do to help. This thread hopefully will help.
  6. Standard member mateulose
    Look, it's a title!
    09 Jan '05 05:41
    I voted for him, despite the fact he's posted numerous hate posts about me. So much for Arrakis' theory I'm voting against his character, what a tool.
  7. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    09 Jan '05 08:05
    Originally posted by flexmore
    [b]why does gatecrasher have so few votes?
    Because a public vote to select game mods,is a somewhat flawed idea,IMO.It won't be a problem though,as I understand it,russ set it up for consultation purposes only.The final decision rests with him and chrismo.
    The thing is,people don't vote for the most adequate person(s).How would they know who is best fit for the job anyway?
    No,people vote for players they know,or players they read about in threads.Thus,this thread will definately help GT.I think you're right,he seems to be a good candidate.I now know my third vote
  8. Standard member TRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    12 Jan '05 18:00
    I think he'll start to go up more now.
  9. Standard member Saint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    12 Jan '05 18:18
    I was wondering the same thing. I voted for him and was expecting to see him with more votes.
    I've had several conversations with him in the past and he has even gone through my games and helped me analyze them post-mortem.
    Most definately a person that can objectively analyze a game and possesses the ability to do so.

    I would urge everyone to vote for him.
  10. 12 Jan '05 19:08
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    I just changed my third vote to gatecrasher. Please don't dissappear I've had to change my vote three times now because of people dissappearing. lol

    Geez, I didn't even know you could change your vote. Time to do a little switcheroo!
  11. Standard member TRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    12 Jan '05 19:24
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Geez, I didn't even know you could change your vote. Time to do a little switcheroo!
    yeah considering cheshire cat has 50+ votes when she isnt on the site anymore shows alot of people probably dont know they can change their vote. Gatecrasher is on the move though and I'm betting will be at around 60 votes by either the end of tonight or by morning. I myself lost a vote sometime earlier in the day.
  12. 12 Jan '05 20:52
    Originally posted by TRACKHEAD21
    yeah considering cheshire cat has 50+ votes when she isnt on the site anymore shows alot of people probably dont know they can change their vote. Gatecrasher is on the move though and I'm betting will be at around 60 votes by either the end of tonight or by morning. I myself lost a vote sometime earlier in the day.
    Rather than looking to steal the cats votes, why not focus on hoping that the cat is in good health and nothiing bad has happened to a valued member of the RHP community. I have seen no post from Cheshire Cat saying she has left the site or that she wants tobe reomved from the mod vote.

    Why should all of Cheshire Cats votes be transferred? Where does it say to stay as a candidate you need to log in every day? Even if the cat returns in a month it will still be in plenty of time to be a mod if selected.

    Why not focus on the positive attriubutes that Gatecraher could bring to the mods (he is both a good player, a decent bloke, and willing to invest his time in being a mod).

    Andrew
  13. Standard member TRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    13 Jan '05 06:20
    Originally posted by latex bishop
    Rather than looking to steal the cats votes, why not focus on hoping that the cat is in good health and nothiing bad has happened to a valued member of the RHP community. I have seen no post from Cheshire Cat saying she has left the site or that she wants tobe reomved from the mod vote.

    Why should all of Cheshire Cats votes be transferred? Where does ...[text shortened]... is both a good player, a decent bloke, and willing to invest his time in being a mod).

    Andrew
    I do hope all that stuff but with the recent disappearings on different players doubt the person is coming back. It has nothing to do with logging in every day even though she usually did log in every day. People have tried contacting her and nothing. Don't know what happened to her but she is gone. Though it really doesnt matter cause as Russ said the vote isnt gonna decide who becomes mods but will have a large influence. Whenever the voting ends if she is still not here obviously Russ would look at the next person who the community said they would like as a mod. No intentions to take any of her votes, Gatecrasher is doing just fine with his own votes, shot up quite a bit today. Amazing what can happen when people who normally don't know whats going on on the site, find out and then make their decision.
  14. Standard member flexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    13 Jan '05 09:32
    cheshire has gone awol before ... and then come back
    i think this is understandable ... cheshire plays a lot and fast ... holidays and other things in life are needed by everyone.
    one day when we least expect it CC will be top of m.a.p. suddenly.
  15. Standard member TRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    13 Jan '05 13:12
    Originally posted by flexmore
    cheshire has gone awol before ... and then come back
    i think this is understandable ... cheshire plays a lot and fast ... holidays and other things in life are needed by everyone.
    one day when we least expect it CC will be top of m.a.p. suddenly.
    Ah, didnt know she's done that before, people seemed really worried as if it had never happened before.