1. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 17:51
    Hiya,
    I cannot easily submit conditional moves with castling.
    e.g.

I am white.
    Quick mode: Moving the black king moves only the king. I can then move the white king, which castles correctly. Submitting the conditional move creates an undesired position where the black king has moved twice before white moves (and the black rook has not moved).
    Deep mode: Move the black king and rook. Click to move the white king (which moves without the rook moving). Click submit. The move is entered correctly, but the way there was complicated, and the white castling was unusual.
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 21:431 edit
    Funnily enough I can't remember a time when castling was not an issue with regard to conditionals...forgive me if I'm wrong, but it's plainly an ongoing site glitch. I've only used deep mode whenever castling for as long as I can remember, 'expecting' to move the rook and king independently. However, I hadn't noticed the difference with white when castling in quick mode...as I say, I never castle in quick mode...

Edit: You're probably tired of being asked, but I'm afraid I simply MUST ask about your avatar...is that a Norwegian Forest cat by any chance 🙂
  3. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 20:32
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Edit: You're probably tired of being asked, but I'm afraid I simply MUST ask about your avatar...is that a Norwegian Forest cat by any chance 🙂
    Actually, I think only Kewpie has mentioned it before.
    Based on appearance and size (7-8kg, and no fat) we wondered if he had Maine Coon roots, or was more Norwegian. He is actually an English Farm Cat, aka Heinz. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree