1. The sky
    Moves
    26 Nov '06 19:20
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I want to know what timezone they're playing from. I would like to play from eight to noon also, even if Americans use that period of time to sleep. 😴
    I live in the same time zone as you, but I almost never move from eight to noon. Either I am at work at that time, and I almost never play at work, or I am asleep. So even if the flag would tell you what time zone someone is in, it still wouldn't tell you when they are likely to move. Some people play only at work, some people play only at home, some people work night shifts and play at work at a time at which most people from the same time zone are asleep, etc.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '06 19:44
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I live in the same time zone as you, but I almost never move from eight to noon. Either I am at work at that time, and I almost never play at work, or I am asleep. So even if the flag would tell you what time zone someone is in, it still wouldn't tell you when they are likely to move. Some people play only at work, some people play only at home, some people ...[text shortened]... shifts and play at work at a time at which most people from the same time zone are asleep, etc.
    That's right.
    But if I play against people around the world I get an even play during all hours of the clock. Especially people eastward of my time zone gives me moves when Americans don't.

I challenged once a guy with the Chinese flag. He turned out to live in New York, at the same time zone as most of the RHP members lives.

In my opinion, information about time zone is of more value than the flag is. Flag can be nationality or location, cannot know which.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree