1. Joined
    05 Aug '06
    Moves
    15720
    23 Nov '06 19:031 edit
    As well as having the player tables link i think there should also be a link where Countries can be compared (listed from best to worst). There would have to be some way of calculating this in relation to how many people are from each country but this should not be hard. I think this link would generate alot of interest from all those patriotic poeple.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    23 Nov '06 21:54
    Originally posted by Kiwi kid
    As well as having the player tables link i think there should also be a link where Countries can be compared (listed from best to worst). There would have to be some way of calculating this in relation to how many people are from each country but this should not be hard. I think this link would generate alot of interest from all those patriotic poeple.
    What does a flag mean?
    (1) Nationality of the player?
    (2) The location of the player?

    With this in mind - how many players have the Antarctic flag? Because of their nationality or because of their location?
  3. Swansea
    Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    33584
    23 Nov '06 23:26
    It would be cool to see where the country you're from is doing in a table, but as Fabian is implying, alot of people change their flag to different ones for many different reasons. I used to have the Croatian flag up for a while as I like that country, but a few people said I spoke good English for a Croatian so I changed it back to Wales.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    23 Nov '06 23:421 edit
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    a few people said I spoke good English for a Croatian so I changed it back to Wales.
    You speak good English for a Welsh person.

    D
  5. Swansea
    Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    33584
    23 Nov '06 23:49
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You speak good English for a Welsh person.

    D
    Well I have lived in England most of my life......
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    24 Nov '06 00:04
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    Well I have lived in England most of my life......
    You speak good English for an English person.

    D
  7. Joined
    05 Aug '06
    Moves
    15720
    24 Nov '06 02:56
    That is a good point, If i had a bad rating i could just change my country to say Wales because i may not like that county and they are going to get smashed by New Zealand in the rugby this weekend. A way of preventing this would be to not allow people to change their country just as people can't change their name. And the flags shoiuld be country of orign not country where you currentry live.
  8. Swansea
    Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    33584
    24 Nov '06 13:54
    Originally posted by Kiwi kid
    That is a good point, If i had a bad rating i could just change my country to say Wales because i may not like that county and they are going to get smashed by New Zealand in the rugby this weekend. A way of preventing this would be to not allow people to change their country just as people can't change their name. And the flags shoiuld be country of orign not country where you currentry live.
    That was quite a subtle dig there! We will see how the game goes, I don't expect Wales to win, but maybe a scoreline like 42-26 would be better! 😉
    Any further discussions on this.....make a thread in the sports forum. 🙂
  9. Swansea
    Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    33584
    24 Nov '06 13:54
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You speak good English for an English person.

    D
    Thanks 😞
  10. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Joined
    30 Sep '05
    Moves
    40257
    25 Nov '06 11:48
    Originally posted by Kiwi kid
    And the flags shoiuld be country of orign not country where you currentry live.
    Or how about the country you'd represent in a sporting competition?

    If it's football, I'm Brazilian...
  11. Swansea
    Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    33584
    25 Nov '06 13:07
    If you had to pick your flag of where you live when you signed up, r if they impliment it soon, once the flag has been picked, you can't change it? Then you won't get swapping about......
  12. SubscriberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Joined
    18 Feb '04
    Moves
    61714
    25 Nov '06 14:18
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    What does a flag mean?
    (1) Nationality of the player?
    (2) The location of the player?

    With this in mind - how many players have the Antarctic flag? Because of their nationality or because of their location?
    I've asked for this before, it'd be nice to see where you come in your country. If some people have an incorrect flag or an antarctic flag, so what?
  13. SubscriberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Joined
    18 Feb '04
    Moves
    61714
    25 Nov '06 14:19
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You speak good English for an English person.

    D
    lol
  14. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    11774
    25 Nov '06 15:40
    Originally posted by Kiwi kid
    A way of preventing this would be to not allow people to change their country just as people can't change their name. And the flags shoiuld be country of orign not country where you currentry live.
    You can't force people to choose their country of origin. First, how would
    you know they really chose that country? Second, if you were born in say
    Egypt, but lived in Germany since you were like 10 years old, which
    country would you choose?

    I think this idea is ridiculous. Even if members could be trusted to
    accurately choose their country of origin, what would such statistics tell
    you? That people in this or that country are better at chess? Come on.
    Get real. Who the fog cares?

    I'm more interested in seeing individuals than statistics over a larger
    group of people. Usually, larger groups of people only ride on the
    achievements of extraordinary individuals anyway.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    26 Nov '06 15:47
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    If some people have an incorrect flag or an antarctic flag, so what?
    I want to know what timezone they're playing from. I would like to play from eight to noon also, even if Americans use that period of time to sleep. 😴

    But from statistical point of view, todays (more or less) arbitrary choosing of flag is worthless.

    If people think they are cool (!) to use the Antartican flag, it's their choice.
Back to Top