Moves
    24 May '12 23:392 edits
    Originally posted by Arnoud
    I agree. Good thinking.
  2. Here
    Moves
    25 May '12 05:40
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Certainly valid and a debate for the future but most certainly the more everyone is made aware of the definite fall from grace of the leagues the better... merely my own take on all this but a step at a time is most prudent and Russ is dealing with what's perceived to be needed now...putting bums on seats !!
    Why the future ?
    You will not get people to play when they know that they are going to get slaughtered
    it works both ways
    The lesser player knows they haven't got long before they are forced to give in
    The better player is not tested
    Boring for both
    To increase interest in the leagues there must be some incentive
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    25 May '12 12:081 edit
    Originally posted by padger
    Why the future ?
    You will not get people to play when they know that they are going to get slaughtered
    it works both ways
    The lesser player knows they haven't got long before they are forced to give in
    The better player is not tested
    Boring for both
    To increase interest in the leagues there must be some incentive
    I do actually totally agree, I've heard the 'tired of getting thrashed' many times and it does actively 'preclude' vast swathes of folk from entering, there are also a number of 'other reasons' why the leagues have declined in recent years..BUT, you cannot run before you can walk, and if this initial site intervention works then suggestions such as your own can be put forward 'with gusto' and the site HAS to consider them.
    So yes, we have to be vocal with ALL concerns regarding the leagues otherwise they just won't be there in a couple of years..
    To get the balling rolling we basically have the options available here today and they all involve league \ divisional size, team size and possibility of 'other time frames'...
    Edit: I happen to know you're a league regular, and it's up to each of us to push through what we see fit..please stick with it, the site is certainly listening now !!
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    06 Jun '12 18:571 edit
    I see the 3Day league is filling slowly, very slowly in fact...do we trust to the fact that lots of teams enter last minute or how about 'more' reminders of an upcoming league, to all clan leaders...a weekly countdown and maybe 3-4days before the start of a league.. we could all be sent such reminders ?
    And yes this is overkill, but 'any port in a storm' is a phrase that comes to mind..if something is struggling then throw everything at it !!

Edit: Is there any site message available that's more 'stressed' than normal..I know there's 'chess host' but I've often thought important site messages could \ should be more ''BOLD''...no offence to club bosses but loads of folk miss otherwise important messages because club mass messages literally fill their inbox... how about a neon red icon PM for 'upcoming league reminders' 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree