1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Apr '12 17:07
    Noted, I'll take a look at the feasibility of this.
  2. Joined
    16 Aug '09
    Moves
    21 Apr '12 02:19
    Consider the following two ideas starting with the 1Day Clan League since it needs the most help.

1. Reduce the team size to 5 players. More teams should be able to fill.

2. Vary the division sizes depending upon number of teams entered but always keep Division 1 with 8 teams. That way the lowest division has a reasonable number of matches. For example:

if 14-16 teams: 8-6, 8-7, 8-8
    if 17-20 teams: 8-5-5, 8-6-5, 8-6-6
    if 21-24 teams: 8-7-6, 8-7-7, 8-8-7,8-8-8
    if 25-32 teams: 8-6-6-5, 8-6-6-6, 8-7-6-6, 8-7-7-6, 8-7-7-7, 8-8-7-7, 8-8-8-7, 8-8-8-8
  3. Amersham, Bucks, UK
    Moves
    21 Apr '12 07:06
    I agree. Wycombe (for whom I am the number one most of the time - we're a lowly clan) entered the 1 day league and I got 18 games day one, all very tough games which were very challenging for me, but getting 18 all at once, I pretty much had to concede a number early to concentrate on the others.

I think 8 team leagues or even 6 with more frequent changes would make it more dynamic and more interesting for the participants.
  4. Joined
    25 Oct '09
    Moves
    21 Apr '12 09:26
    Originally posted by SacTheKing
    Consider the following two ideas starting with the 1Day Clan League since it needs the most help.

1. Reduce the team size to 5 players. More teams should be able to fill.

2. Vary the division sizes depending upon number of teams entered but always keep Division 1 with 8 teams. That way the lowest division has a reasonable number of matches. For ...[text shortened]... 7,8-8-8
    if 25-32 teams: 8-6-6-5, 8-6-6-6, 8-7-6-6, 8-7-7-6, 8-7-7-7, 8-8-7-7, 8-8-8-7, 8-8-8-8
    I agree. Good thinking.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 May '12 13:26
    I have implemented this now - we can do this - so all we need to establish now is what parameters people want.

It will have to go to a vote though to make certain everyone is happy with the changes, so if you are a clan leader, expect one in you inbox shortly.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 May '12 13:552 edits
    To get this started, if you are a clan leader, please feedback on these 3 simple votes.

[vid]24[/vid]

[vid]25[/vid]

[vid]26[/vid]
  7. Joined
    16 May '08
    Moves
    21 May '12 16:09
    My clan was participating, we were wallowing along in a lower division, and due to a considerable number of teams quitting we were moved to 1st division, got slaughtered and all interest in leagues by the clan ended...Maybe there is a way to grade the teams and if you don't have enough teams maybe the elite league is smaller. some form of logic around league placement would be more beneficial.
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '04
    Moves
    21 May '12 18:56
    Two thought from me and Scandinavia - one of the most active clans in the leagues.

1) Less than 6 players in a team is not a good idea in my opinon. Already all the strong players are clustering in just a few clans - I guess the idea is to enter a team so strong it will destroy all opposition. The only chance for a clan like Scandinavia is that the clans with all the strong players are unable to line up in strongest formation.

2) Less than 10 clans in a division is an option all though I like the idea that you are forced to win many games (in the current setup) if you have ambitions of winning a league. Fewer games will result in a lot more draws I think as losses will have greater impact so you will play more carefull.

I like the current setup but small adjustments is alright for me if it is a big problem for many players :-)
  9. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    22 May '12 10:11
    Originally posted by Russ
    To get this started, if you are a clan leader, please feedback on these 3 simple votes.

[vid]24[/vid]

[vid]25[/vid]

[vid]26[/vid]
    I have read through the entire thread twice.

Good rule of life is that if I can't understand something I am probably not the only one. So at the risk of sounding stupid, I have no idea what the three options represent and I don't want to click the links in case I am thereby making my vote blind.

Can we have some text to explain what is meant by each option - viz what is 24, or 25 or 26?
  10. Joined
    16 Aug '09
    Moves
    22 May '12 12:41
    Originally posted by finnegan

Good rule of life is that if I can't understand something I am probably not the only one. So at the risk of sounding stupid, I have no idea what the three options represent and I don't want to click the links in case I am thereby making my vote blind.

Can we have some text to explain what is meant by each option - viz what is 24, or 25 or 26?
    It's safe to click the options and there is an explanation once you do. You don't need to vote at that time if you don't want to - just go back.
  11. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    22 May '12 12:53
    Originally posted by finnegan

The numbers themselves, 24, 25, 26, are due to the fact that he probably keeps all these votes in one folder...the folder is a probable but the fact is that we've seen 'vote1 through 23' in various forum threads over the years here and is following on that sequence. Literally it's just a numbers game and has no bearing on the actual content of the votes made 🙂
  12. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    24 May '12 00:07
    Many thanks for both responses.
  13. Here
    Moves
    24 May '12 06:45
    I think the reason the leagues are suffering is due to the fact that the ratings vary too much
    Most of the time you are on a hiding to nothing
    1200 v 1500 ,1600 ,1700 ,1800
    I know that you need the best players to win the league but you also need players to play the league
    Is it possible to match ratings closer to give everyone a chance of a decent game
    Or perhaps do away with present system and have banded leagues
  14. Joined
    17 Mar '10
    Moves
    24 May '12 09:02
    Originally posted by padger
    I think the reason the leagues are suffering is due to the fact that the ratings vary too much
    I know that you need the best players to win the league but you also need players to play the league
    Is it possible to match ratings closer to give everyone a chance of a decent game
    I like this idea, maybe banded leagues of smaller teams.
  15. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    24 May '12 17:55
    Originally posted by padger
    Certainly valid and a debate for the future but most certainly the more everyone is made aware of the definite fall from grace of the leagues the better... merely my own take on all this but a step at a time is most prudent and Russ is dealing with what's perceived to be needed now...putting bums on seats !!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree