1. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    7116
    16 Nov '06 04:41
    Any chance the admin would consider adding this functionality to the site? It is something that many other sites now have. The ability to create specialized or theme tournaments would be very nice. It could be something only for paid members. I guarantee it would increase the number of paid memberships here.
  2. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    42926
    16 Nov '06 11:085 edits
    Originally posted by MerchantParkPro
    Any chance the admin would consider adding this functionality to the site? It is something that many other sites now have. The ability to create specialized or theme tournaments would be very nice. It could be something only for paid members. I guarantee it would increase the number of paid memberships here.
    I agree that it'd be a cool thing to have, although I'm not sure that it'd *guarantee* an increase in paid members!

    Thread 52789
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    7116
    17 Nov '06 11:24
    Originally posted by irax
    I agree that it'd be a cool thing to have, although I'm not sure that it'd *guarantee* an increase in paid members!

    Thread 52789
    I would
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    17 Nov '06 17:56
    Does this mean that if I wanted a tournament, let's say "Fabian 3/7 1500-1600 banded random 8 group", then I can have that and started automatically when (say) 64 members are listed their interest to join?
    Fabulous, I would say!
  5. Swansea
    Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    33584
    17 Nov '06 23:56
    Not very clever as you will have so many tournaments being made up that it would overload the system with too much data that wouldn't be needed. Russ makes enough tournies as it is so just enter one or more of those. That way total chaos wil be avoided!
  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    7116
    18 Nov '06 05:46
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    Not very clever as you will have so many tournaments being made up that it would overload the system with too much data that wouldn't be needed. Russ makes enough tournies as it is so just enter one or more of those. That way total chaos wil be avoided!
    I understand you're not very clever.....thx for letting us know but it was already apparent from your profile and your post. Most people didn't need this overtly explained to them, but for your benefit, here it goes:

    1) It's pretty obvious that there could be restrictions put in place, such as how many concurrent tournaments someone can arrange or participate in, so excessive bandwidth is not a concern. Additionally, RHP already allows subscribers to play in as many concurrent games as they desire.....you don't think that uses bandwidth? There is no difference, so your "point" is quite moot.

    2) The "system" is only around because of money to rent (or buy and maintain) servers, domain fees, etc. More subscribers equals more money.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    18 Nov '06 07:05
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    Not very clever as you will have so many tournaments being made up that it would overload the system with too much data that wouldn't be needed. Russ makes enough tournies as it is so just enter one or more of those. That way total chaos wil be avoided!
    Perhaps not so clever to allow total anarchy to follow, I see.
    But it was quite a long time ago an 8 group banded tournament was started.
    In the beginning of this year, there was a montly start of such a tournament.
  8. Swansea
    Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    33584
    18 Nov '06 11:00
    Originally posted by MerchantParkPro
    I understand you're not very clever.....thx for letting us know but it was already apparent from your profile and your post. Most people didn't need this overtly explained to them, but for your benefit, here it goes:

    1) It's pretty obvious that there could be restrictions put in place, such as how many concurrent tournaments someone can arrange or ...[text shortened]... ent (or buy and maintain) servers, domain fees, etc. More subscribers equals more money.
    Well I suggest from now on clever clogs, that when you have an idea, you state all the things involved in it, like you have just now. I think you'll find that more people would agree it would be a mess rather than a success!
  9. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    10343
    28 Nov '06 15:02
    I also agree with your demand to freely add tournements to anybody. Have a look at gameknot, there are only very few official tournements bur alot of user defined.
  10. 127.0.0.1
    Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    158564
    28 Nov '06 16:27
    I like this idea, especially for themed tournaments. However, the feature for automatic starting of rounds would have to be in place in case the tournament creator left the site.
Back to Top