1. West Virginia
    Moves
    21 Nov '04 02:121 edit
    I just had what could possibly be a good idea, or one for the round file.

What if the defender of the Siege board has the Siege Board & time controls listed under Tournament Victories in his Profile. Only showing up while he is the holder of that board. Something like:

Siege Red Board 3/21

Of course making it a link to that Siege Board would be a given.

What do you think? Good idea but wrong place in the Profile for it?
  2. Brooklyn, NY
    Moves
    21 Nov '04 06:22
    Good idea, but it's less of an achievement now there are so many siege boards going (a change I was very happy to see made -- having waiting lines as deep as they were was rather counterproductive).

Just having a siege board isn't really a big deal (there are still some to be claimed), so I'd suggest the number of consecutive wins be listed also.

If it was thought that this cluttered the profile, perhaps it could only show if you made 5, or 10, or 20 consecutive wins.

3. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    21 Nov '04 08:47
    Originally posted by Drax946
    I just had what could possibly be a good idea, or one for the round file.

What if the defender of the Siege board has the Siege Board & time controls listed under Tournament Victories in his Profile. Only showing up while he is the holder of that board. Something like:

Siege Red Board 3/21

Of course making it a link to that Siege Board would be a given.

What do you think? Good idea but wrong place in the Profile for it?
    gets a rec from me!!!!

(unless top dog sieges are implemented then only they should show)
  4. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '04 02:491 edit
    Good idea. Perhaps you could also show more prominently within the Seige board queue or history, how long the current board holder has been in control, so you can see what thier winning streak has been.

You can't see at a glance who currently owns the board, you just see Player A vs Player B - maybe you could put a little symbol next to the board owner's name. It would give a bit more of a competitive focus to the Sieges cos at the moment they just seem like employment lines for random chess games.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree