1. Joined
    07 Jun '09
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 08:30
    I think it would be a good idea if we had a time limit between notification of a tournament and its starting date. Otherwise some tournaments will never go ahead especially the banded types. Something like two months is plenty of time for people to decide whether they want to join. If this matter has already been dicussed my apologies
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 02:53
    All the tournaments currently open are in the high rating bands. I think there's a point where Russ starts the tournament even if there aren't enough, by changing the "number of players" requirement. I can't recall how long the wait is, for that to happen.
  3. Joined
    07 Jun '09
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 20:42
    Thanks for the feedback. I just thought that it would be an improvement if it was done automatically.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 05:07
    I would agree with you. It seems to me a little daft that there is still a February tournament in the Open Tournaments list.
  5. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    01 May '11 01:58
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I would agree with you. It seems to me a little daft that there is still a February tournament in the Open Tournaments list.
    I agree. This is the reason I don't enter tournaments (apart from being an appallingly bad player).
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 May '11 04:56
    A strange thing happened to me today. I received an email telling me the "Pale Yellow Star Tournament" had started! But it was addressed to my old username which hasn't been used for more than 2 years - so of course my opponent gets two painless and pointless game wins. An extreme example of what we're on about.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree