1. Naestved
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 18:40
    I was wondering if anyone has ever come up with ideas on how to prevent massive drop outs? I mean, players with 20-30+ games who go on 2-3 weeks of holidays, and when they return their rating is 700 because other players claim in spite of holidays.

If I for one reason or the other decided to respect the players holiday / away message, I would actually get penalized for that! Doesn't sound that fair to me, as I would be losing a game to a 700 rated player rather than a 1000 rated player... In short, it will cost me a fair bit of my rating to be a niceguy.

Proves it right, niceguys finish last... but shouldn't something be done against that? E.g. disabling the ranked option if one or the other sufferes a severe rating drop (200+)? I don't know, just seems a little idiotic to penalize a guy who likes the game he's got going.
  2. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 19:08
    Originally posted by Flixotide
    I was wondering if anyone has ever come up with ideas on how to prevent massive drop outs? I mean, players with 20-30+ games who go on 2-3 weeks of holidays, and when they return their rating is 700 because other players claim in spite of holidays.

If I for one reason or the other decided to respect the players holiday / away message, I would actually g ...[text shortened]... I don't know, just seems a little idiotic to penalize a guy who likes the game he's got going.
    Read the thread "Pointless resignations and rating dropping" in this same page.
  3. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 19:12
    Originally posted by Flixotide

If I for one reason or the other decided to respect the players holiday / away message, I would actually g ...[text shortened]... I don't know, just seems a little idiotic to penalize a guy who likes the game he's got going.
    If you claim a win you only get rating points.
    If you don't claim a win you get the high moral ground.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree