1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 16:13
    Ok, now that I have everyones attention.

I am wondering what would happen to on going games if someone passed away?

It doesn't seem fair to just let them time-out!!!

Russ?
  2. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 12:12
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    Ok, now that I have everyones attention.

I am wondering what would happen to on going games if someone passed away?

It doesn't seem fair to just let them time-out!!!

Russ?
    Crack one skull
    Resign the other game
    Problem solved
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 14:05
    Originally posted by @roma45
    Crack one skull
    Resign the other game
    Problem solved
    roma,

I don't believe it is that easy...The player who passed away could be leading in both games.

I don't have the answer to a fair way of doing it either.

Surely a fair way of doing it could be figured out. There are lots of bright minds on this site.

-VR
  4. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 14:56
    roma,

I don't believe it is that easy...The player who passed away could be leading in both games.

I don't have the answer to a fair way of doing it either.

Surely a fair way of doing it could be figured out. There are lots of bright minds on this site.

-VR
    Crack the skull don't be a pussy.

It has happened before in a tournament right at the start a guy got seriously injured. Hes back now after many months away.

I pmed everyone in the tournament I resigned both games six other followed. One player took both skulls but in fairness to him he cracked them before I sent pm
    Gave the injured player the tournament win. It was va muti club tournament much friendlier that general ones.

Let your conscience decide
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 15:271 edit
    Crack the skull don't be a pussy.

It has happened before in a tournament right at the start a guy got seriously injured. Hes back now after many months away.

I pmed everyone in the tournament I resigned both games six other followed. One player took both skulls but in fairness to him he cracked them before I sent pm
    Gave the injured player the tourna ...[text shortened]... It was va muti club tournament much friendlier that general ones.

Let your conscience decide
    roma,

You are talking about some guy who got seriously injured.

That is quite different than what I am talking about.

I am talking about someone who has actually died with many games left. There is not rule for that as things now stand! 🙁

-VR
  6. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 15:581 edit
    roma,

You are talking about some guy who got seriously injured.

That is quite different than what I am talking about.

I am talking about someone who has actually died with many games left. There is not rule for that as things now stand! 🙁

-VR
    At the time it looked unlikely he would live
    Brain hemorrhage long road to recovery miracle hes playing chess again.

There is a rule already in place time limit might be callous but games can't be left in limbo. They will be automatically timed out eventually

How do you know someone died?
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 19:351 edit
    At the time it looked unlikely he would live
    Brain hemorrhage long road to recovery miracle hes playing chess again.

There is a rule already in place time limit might be callous but games can't be left in limbo. They will be automatically timed out eventually

How do you know someone died?
    roma,

I was setting up a hypothetical situation saying IF it were to happen. In our clan at least we would know if one of us passed as we communicate well.

I have already left instructions to two different people to send our Clan Leader a messsage if I kick the bucket. Also to the Captain of the other site I am a member of. I know many will throw parties to celebrate. 😉

The question really boils down to is it proper to time-out someone who has passed? I certainly wouldn't feel right about taking a skull if that happened.

Not that I am afraid to take skulls just look at my profile. 😉 I have more skulls than games some have played on here!

-VR
  8. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 22:44
    roma,

I was setting up a hypothetical situation saying IF it were to happen. In our clan at least we would know if one of us passed as we communicate well.

I have already left instructions to two different people to send our Clan Leader a messsage if I kick the bucket. Also to the Captain of the other site I am a member of. I know many will throw p ...[text shortened]... kulls just look at my profile. 😉 I have more skulls than games some have played on here!

-VR
    Hyperthetically a player could die and no one would know
    Many vanish from here I know a few that left for other sites (,due to the collusion fiasco)
    Or just got fed up with chess.

Hence always crack the skull
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Sep '17 01:47
    Hyperthetically a player could die and no one would know
    Many vanish from here I know a few that left for other sites (,due to the collusion fiasco)
    Or just got fed up with chess.

Hence always crack the skull
    roma45,

We can agree to disagree on this one. I don't think it is proper and a rule should be made to cover if someone were to die, not just crack their skulls as you say. It is just not the right thing to do in my humble opinion.

-VR
  10. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    26 Sep '17 08:43
    roma45,

We can agree to disagree on this one. I don't think it is proper and a rule should be made to cover if someone were to die, not just crack their skulls as you say. It is just not the right thing to do in my humble opinion.

-VR
    You have cracked 1089 skulls
    Did you make sure all the players were alive?????????????
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Sep '17 22:011 edit
    You have cracked 1089 skulls
    Did you make sure all the players were alive?????????????
    roma45,

How would I be expected to know that, many timed out on their own. The clan ones I pounced on of course.

This is the reason WHY there should be a rule, as I really wouldn't want to crack a skull where the person was already dead!!!

EDIT: Wow that is a lot of skulls more than some people have played on here who spew their crap all over the forums, which is the only reason they are here!!!

-VR
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Sep '17 11:42
    roma45,

How would I be expected to know that, many timed out on their own. The clan ones I pounced on of course.

This is the reason WHY there should be a rule, as I really wouldn't want to crack a skull where the person was already dead!!!

EDIT: Wow that is a lot of skulls more than some people have played on here who spew their crap all over the forums, which is the only reason they are here!!!

-VR
    I think there 'should' be the rule that, if someone dies, the responsibility is on that deceased person to notify everyone that they have departed this mortal coil and to please not claim time wins against them.

😵
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Sep '17 16:06
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I think there 'should' be the rule that, if someone dies, the responsibility is on that deceased person to notify everyone that they have departed this mortal coil and to please not claim time wins against them.

😵
    goad,

Not bad, but what you don't understand is games will time themselves out after a certrain period of time!!

There for a rule would have to be made on this....It would mostly be important to clans in my opinion, which you are not a part of, sign up!!!

-VR
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Sep '17 17:33
    goad,

Not bad, but what you don't understand is games will time themselves out after a certrain period of time!!

There for a rule would have to be made on this....It would mostly be important to clans in my opinion, which you are not a part of, sign up!!!

-VR
    As Roma pointed out, you have personally claimed 1089 skulls, - and you rightly responded "how would I be expected to know," (if they were still alive).

And that's the point. In the vast majority of cases you will never know if someone has died or simply left the site suddenly for other reasons. Unless a friend or family member lets us know (which can happen, but rarely) labelling someone as dead would be mere speculation.

Simple solution, man up and take the skull. (You big girl's blouse).
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Sep '17 18:111 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    As Roma pointed out, you have personally claimed 1089 skulls, - and you rightly responded "how would I be expected to know," (if they were still alive).

And that's the point. In the vast majority of cases you will never know if someone has died or simply left the site suddenly for other reasons. Unless a friend or family member lets us know (whic ...[text shortened]... uld be mere speculation.

Simple solution, man up and take the skull. (You big girl's blouse).
    goad,

1089??? Best check the number out again!!!
    As I pointed out to roma45 I did not hit all the skulls many of them timed out and skull happened automatically. (What part of that do you not understand?

All it would take is players to have a way to contact their clan leaders about the person deceased. Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about a famaily member or friend would let the clan leader know. This is not something that is going to happen a lot, but eventually everyone will die, yes including you.

This doesn't even concern you, so take your big girl's blouse out of the conversation!~!
    Or man up and actually buy a SUBSCRIPTION!!!

Why are you against having a rule made in case of a death, as you don't even belong to clan? Hell you don't even play much chess on here, just spew your crap mostly!!!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree